Apple gets 1.051 Billion from Samsung

IVIYTH0S

What about if you are kidnapped guys???????? That's a good one I put and several times saw on movies...

It can happen and you will have prolly low battery just like in "BURIED" movie ^_^ (he has a blacbkerry if i'm not wrong)

And what if you're abducted by aliens and they take you to their home planet and anal probe you? Ain't no cell phone in the world gonna save you then. You could make up a million "what if" situations but it doesn't make smart phones useless. If you're happy with a phone that only makes calls and texts good for you. Some people like more. You can apply that to anything. Cars, computers, houses, etc. Do people really need that fancy $40K+ car or that $2K+ computer or a giant house? Not really. But if they can afford it and want it then who cares.

And besides if your kidnappers don't take your phone away and check you for it (and weapons) in the first place they are amateurs and will probably get caught anyways.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what if you're abducted by aliens and they take you to their home planet and anal probe you? Ain't no cell phone in the world gonna save you then. You could make up a million "what if" situations but it doesn't make smart phones useless. If you're happy with a phone that only makes calls and texts good for you. Some people like more. You can apply that to anything. Cars, computers, houses, etc. Do people really need that fancy $40K+ car or that $2K+ computer or a giant house? Not really. But if they can afford it and want it then who cares.

And besides if your kidnappers don't take your phone away and check you for it (and weapons) in the first place they are amateurs and will probably get caught anyways.

If aliens do that they would get sued by Apple cuz they're gonna steal their technology and use in their spaceships. :evilgrin:

ps1: I was tring to be funny guys xD but really.. haven't u seen the movie Buried? They bury the man with a cellphone and other accessories jaja.

ps2: I really don't like to charge battery everyday. Every 2 days could be. Every 3 will be perfect. Also you can get it stolen. If I get stolen $5000 phone I would cut my balls literally so I stick to kinda not pro phones.

Edit: you can do a lot of cool things with new phones only carring 1 device at expenses of very low battery.

But if you take 1 phone for call/sms. 1 PSP (you get great gaming). 1 iPod (you get great music lot of space and huge battery life).

And that's what I'm planning. Ill keep my "old" phone and buy an iPod to "play games" (which I wont), applications, wifi, etc and up to 24hs of music nonstop (as apple says). I will carry then 1 "old phone" for talk/sms. And 1 iPod with all the same that an iPhone or cool new smartphones. Advantage (big battery life) 3 days for phone, 1 day for nonstop music (which will never be that way).

If god helps me I would travel LV for work and in USA tech is cheap so ill take my chance and buy some cool stuff... :teehee:

Edited by loco_frags

Once daily is a LOT. I charge my phone every 3 days. LG cookie FTW. Stock photos-crap videos-SMS-phone-calls,some games- what else do we need from a PHONE?

Now I can go and get lost in jungle for 3 days without charging the battery. Now, people with dual/quad-core smarphones have 1 day to be saved or patiently wait for death.

ps: That applies to everybody except for Bear Grylls!

My phone lasts 2+ days and can do everything, I can overclock it to 1.4ghz but it's 1ghz stock clocks are plenty. As a matter of fact I can even down clock it to 800mhz and it's still perfectly fine!

Fat Batteries FTW, no compromises for me :D

P1040896.jpg

My phone lasts 2+ days and can do everything, I can overclock it to 1.4ghz but it's 1ghz stock clocks are plenty. As a matter of fact I can even down clock it to 800mhz and it's still perfectly fine!

Fat Batteries FTW, no compromises for me :D

P1040896.jpg

yeah I saw my friend bought a Galaxy Nexus FTW, his wallpaper was in 3d moving.. i said WTF this will kill battery in 4hs.. but he said that phone has dual battery.

BTW how in the world you can OC a phone processor? I know you can enter to BIOS or with motherboard tools you can do it on a PC but on a phone? You do it like a hack or is normal? But i'm 500% that's pretty useless. Overclock a Mobile device dependable on a battery is realy stu.pid. Dude i'm not trying to offend you with that, is just my technical opinion! :thumbsup:

It'd really be to run maybe a game or something you couldn't normally run with an older phone or something. To do so with a new phone (dual or quad core) HAS to be pointless since my single core at 1.0ghz is fluid as it is.

But basically you overclock like you would with a windows based overclock utility, move sliders. You need an overclockable kernel flashed to the phone first

yeah I saw my friend bought a Galaxy Nexus FTW, his wallpaper was in 3d moving.. i said WTF this will kill battery in 4hs.. but he said that phone has dual battery.

BTW how in the world you can OC a phone processor? I know you can enter to BIOS or with motherboard tools you can do it on a PC but on a phone? You do it like a hack or is normal? But i'm 500% that's pretty useless. Overclock a Mobile device dependable on a battery is realy stu.pid. Dude i'm not trying to offend you with that, is just my technical opinion! :thumbsup:

if you root your phone and use custom kernals and roms you can achieve all sorts of things.

My pos x10 is running an almost 20% OC with modified caches and SD car read ahead. It uses different schedulers etc and over all archives far better performance with the same if not better battery life.

There is a purpose to it :)

As to how its done you do need to unlock your phone bootloader and flash a custom kernel before using apps like set CPU etc which have root access to adjust CPU frequencies and voltages.

Something awesome that was done recently was a developer who wrote is is still writing a customer kernel which lets the nexus 7 get to a lovely 2GHz of quad core awesomeness however due to heat and other things he is only releasing the 1.8GHz kernel to the public which is still a lovely 300MHz OC on the 1.5GHz terga 3.

Well I never saw a phone like a gaming device.. is way too small. Performance isn't much an important aspect to me. I just expect a fluid movement through menues, that's all.

But if you can tweak it for last longer then I find that very interesting work :popcorn:

Has anyone been paying attention to Google taking on Apple with patents it acquired from Motorola?

It actually holds much more seriousness than silly shape patents and if upheld would result in apple having to pull a whole range of idevices to remove the offending technologies

However by the same token Google is still lobbying for major reforms to the broken us patents system.

Well I never saw a phone like a gaming device.. is way too small. Performance isn't much an important aspect to me. I just expect a fluid movement through menues, that's all.

But if you can tweak it for last longer then I find that very interesting work :popcorn:

Why not?? You say you like the PSP and it has relatively the same size screen as some phones sporting physical keyboards (my Epic4G included) and for most older emulated game systems they still work quite well.

If you're a serious phone gamer there's this too: http://www.game-gripper.com/, but most decent keyboards you can run with just the stock layout for most games. (definitely not fighters or intense action games, touchscreen phones only would be ok for turnbased RPGs like pokémon or something)

So there is a strong possibility of this ruling being overturned when Samsung appeals...Hopefully will have to see. saw this on gizmodo..

Lets hope so...

Has anyone been paying attention to Google taking on Apple with patents it acquired from Motorola?

It actually holds much more seriousness than silly shape patents and if upheld would result in apple having to pull a whole range of idevices to remove the offending technologies

However by the same token Google is still lobbying for major reforms to the broken us patents system.

I might go check in a little bit, I hope they throw the book at Apple so that they knock off this litigation is innovation bull crap

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Why not?? You say you like the PSP and it has relatively the same size screen as some phones sporting physical keyboards (my Epic4G included) and for most older emulated game systems they still work quite well.

If you're a serious phone gamer there's this too: http://www.game-gripper.com/, but most decent keyboards you can run with just the stock layout for most games. (definitely not fighters or intense action games, touchscreen phones only would be ok for turnbased RPGs like pokémon or something)

Lets hope so...

I might go check in a little bit, I hope they throw the book at Apple so that they knock off this litigation is innovation bull crap

Well. You can obviously do tons of things with a phone nowadays. But for me, still calls and messages are their main reason to be, otherwise they wouldn't be named phones anymore. Since gaming eats battery you wouldn't go anywhere and get incomunicated because of a depleted battery.

About PSP, it was an example I just play on PC but if I had to trip all days 1-2hs to work it might be awesome to have a PSP. If your battery ends then well, no major problems, you won't be able to play for some hours. However, I see interesting the use of a pluggable joystick for a phone because also the feeling of playing in a phone is not comfortable since you have to put the fingers on screen so is like playing on PC and putting your hands there blocking your vision. But games like simple RPG like pokemon which doesn't require much clicks could be cool, or other simple games.

If I travel to USA I will acquire an iPod. I'll keep my phone. Ill have extra hours of music and simple games, a simple photo and video-camera because of iPod. Phone also have that but I wouldn't need to kill battery using it.