DeepCool Dracula VGA Cooler: Buyer Beware! It's irreversible&#

Any ideas are certainly appreciated - perhaps we can discuss via PM?

I have emailed my contact.

PM me the details on who you were talking to over there.

why would they give you thermal adhesive rather than screws to hold to heatsink on. I could only see bad things happening having a adhesive hold everything in place.

With these types of coolers things like ram heatsinks and VRM heatsinks are often held on via adhesive, with a single small heatsink on each ram chip and vrm cluster.

This is the same for all universal aftermarket coolers, such as the Arctic cooling ones too.

When i put a Arctic cooling cooler on my 6970, i sold the card and bought a new one rather than try to pry the heatsink off, for this very reason. Waterblocks on the other hand are usually very simple to remove and replace with the stock cooler

With these types of coolers things like ram heatsinks and VRM heatsinks are often held on via adhesive, with a single small heatsink on each ram chip and vrm cluster.

This is the same for all universal aftermarket coolers, such as the Arctic cooling ones too.

When i put a Arctic cooling cooler on my 6970, i sold the card and bought a new one rather than try to pry the heatsink off, for this very reason. Waterblocks on the other hand are usually very simple to remove and replace with the stock cooler

Weirdness I haven't had one that required adhesive since the 440MX days, unless you count the ati 9800pro I had but that was because I was impatient and did not want to drill mount holes in the cpu heatsink that went on it. That was a long time ago though.

Weirdness I haven't had one that required adhesive since the 440MX days, unless you count the ati 9800pro I had but that was because I was impatient and did not want to drill mount holes in the cpu heatsink that went on it. That was a long time ago though.

Well most universal coolers need the adhesive, like the Arctic cooling accelero coolers, they have individual ram sinks and vrm sinks to give them multi card compatability, however specific card coolers like the 6990 cooler have all in one heatinks that are screwed on

• 2 months later...

Any ideas are certainly appreciated - perhaps we can discuss via PM?

It took about 2 months, but DeepCool (China) reviewed my issue and compensated me for the problem. While an inconvenience, It speaks well that the company was willing to stand behind their product and attempt to make things right.

That being said, his never would have happened without Bosco's help. My contacts were getting nowhere and I had 0 traction on getting their support. He established a communication with someone in a position of authority and kept tabs all the way through the resolution process for these past 2 months. I have never, and I mean never, had a moderator / admin be that willing an instrumental to help a member of the forum - I am still amazed and very grateful for his help on this, it simply would not have happened otherwise.

Thanks Bosco!

It took about 2 months, but DeepCool (China) reviewed my issue and compensated me for the problem. While an inconvenience, It speaks well that the company was willing to stand behind their product and attempt to make things right.

That being said, his never would have happened without Bosco's help. My contacts were getting nowhere and I had 0 traction on getting their support. He established a communication with someone in a position of authority and kept tabs all the way through the resolution process for these past 2 months. I have never, and I mean never, had a moderator / admin be that willing an instrumental to help a member of the forum - I am still amazed and very grateful for his help on this, it simply would not have happened otherwise.

Thanks Bosco!

It was my pleasure to help.

I love to help where I can and it shows that Deepcool was willing to go that extra mile for you as well.

Thankfully you got a refund thats all that counts :)

Did they end up replacing the card or just giving you a refund for $40 cooler?

After market cooler itself for a 7970 was certainly upwards of that. While I'm not going to go into the exact details they compensated me more than I expected but not what my original total costs were - but I was very satisfied with the end result vs just being out a cooler and vid card.