MIcrosoft asks Siri what's the best smart phone ever

El_Capitan

FYI iOS is an Unix based OS.

I thought XNU was more of a hybrid.. I guess the 'Mach' was somewhat derived from Unix but even 'Windows' has roots to 'DOS' but we still say it's Windows based.

@Stoner: meh not sure where I was going either. Your mind tends to drift off when it's 2AM :biggrin:

Aside from tweaking, I like how the SDKs are for free, letting me learn writing apps without paying $99

Speaking of Battery life, my S3 went 48+ hours and only losing 20% so kudos to Samsung for that :thumbsup:

Edited by vandreadstriker

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought XNU was more of a hybrid.. I guess the 'Mach' was somewhat derived from Unix but even 'Windows' has roots to 'DOS' but we still say it's Windows based.

@Stoner: meh not sure where I was going either. Your mind tends to drift off when it's 2AM :biggrin:

Aside from tweaking, I like how the SDKs are for free, letting me learn writing apps without paying $99

Speaking of Battery life, my S3 went 48+ hours and only losing 20% so kudos to Samsung for that :thumbsup:

You mustn't use your phone at all :P my phone could deep sleep for days but with a decent OC which counteracts my hefty underclothing and the fact I have 5gb of mobile data I am lucky to make a day haha.

Well yeah since it was the weekend, pretty much left it and only use it for occassional phone call, text and IM.. Games, browsing and etc is why I have an iPad biggrin.gif Bear in mind though the environment isn't helping. When you step in my house, you'd be on GSM or GPRS if lucky. Once you step out and into the yard, hello 3G doh.gif

You mustn't use your phone at all :P my phone could deep sleep for days but with a decent OC which counteracts my hefty underclothing and the fact I have 5gb of mobile data I am lucky to make a day haha.

:blink:

Did not know need to know that.

That took me way too long to realize I needed to fix it.

From what I understand Windows doesn't have a DOS foundation anymore. Instead it emulates DOS commands in the command prompt.

From what I understand Windows doesn't have a DOS foundation anymore. Instead it emulates DOS commands in the command prompt.

Windows has been entirely away from the "DOS foundation" since Windows XP.