GTX660 Leaked?

The fact the CUDA core count isn't set in stone makes me question just how valid the information is. Doesn't stop some from jumping all over it as being a fail when nothing is concrete. :rolleyes:

Isn't it the same with all other companies? As long as they can maximize profit while still being competitive, why not? The 670/680 still performs the same or better against the 7970 even with the limited vram and bus width.

While it is true that Nvidia kind of dropped the ball on the Vram, I don't see the big deal. The gtx 660 will drop the price of the GTX 570 a bit and that card has enough video memory to keep you happy.

Here is my issue, I have some friends that work for Nvidia and they are convinced that the only reason that Nvidia is stumping the Vram, is so that people will buy maxwell GPUs when they are released.

I keep noticing this trend that companies will take the greatest break through in computer technology and then shoot an arrow at it's knee so that they can simply refine the tech and re-brand it to maximize the profit. In short, they are basically ridding the tick tock market strategy by intel. It is a great thing for my stock portfolio, but a terrible thing as a consumer.

:( that'd be something I can understand yet stil frown on...

I think 1.5 GB is enough for the people buying midrange cards - which the 660 is. People running 3 screens won't like it but 1.5 GB is more than enough for essentially any single-screen setup with the exception of super-modded Skyrim. :lol:

But the x60 cards have had a lineage of always giving a massively great deal to the customers and far out shoot their price range but now Nvidia just wants them to fit in firmly in their price bracket.

Isn't it the same with all other companies? As long as they can maximize profit while still being competitive, why not? The 670/680 still performs the same or better against the 7970 even with the limited vram and bus width.

Higher resolution gaming shows the 7000 series strength...especially 660 SLI setups....that vRam will be the splinter in the foot

Higher resolution gaming shows the 7000 series strength...especially 660 SLI setups....that vRam will be the splinter in the foot

Yes but I doubt that the majority of people with a 7680x1440 screen would go with a GTX660. They'll likely want and able to get a GTX690 at the very least... CMIIW

van: i had a 3 screen setup.. ran two 580s overclocked very highly as you may find in the benching threads.. but id have to admit that i wouldnt go for a 690 for multi screens.. not because they arent powerful enough as even the 580s were... its just the vram was never enough.. 1.5gb was a joke at best and so is 2gb.. ill be trying a pair of 7970s as they just have a lot more headroom for big res.

no1 in their right mind would go a 660 for multiple screens.. thats just silly hahah

ill be trying a pair of 7970s as they just have a lot more headroom for big res.

Get a pair of these :Phttp://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire__toxic_hd7970_6gb/

A single GTX660 would be used for 1920x1080 and I think 1.5Gb would be enough. The people planning on GTX660 SLI might run into trouble for multi-screens or high res.

Yes but I doubt that the majority of people with a 7680x1440 screen would go with a GTX660. They'll likely want and able to get a GTX690 at the very least... CMIIW

A single GTX660 would be used for 1920x1080 and I think 1.5Gb would be enough. The people planning on GTX660 SLI might run into trouble for multi-screens or high res.

Thanks for saving me typing Nyt, that's what I'm saying. The SLI performance is going to be bottlenecked by Vram, single card usage should be alright but consider it's competitor(s) (7850/7870) have 2GB available to them, it's already at a potential disadvantage.