GTX660 Leaked?

If having the 6-pin connector be pointed out as being Photoshopped, you really should get your eyes checked. The card itself could be real, and like TraptPatriot said, the power connector was added on to show what it uses. Not that the card actually has a gigantic 6-pin connector near the front... and yes, gigantic because the connector is about 1/4 the size of the fan. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Thought about making a new thread but I'll just post this here:

72a.jpg

NVIDIA's newest product designed to strike the price-performance "sweetspot," the GeForce GTX 660, is set for a mid-August market launch, according to a SweClockers report. The new chip could roll out some time between August 13 and 19. Given that other Kepler-based SKUs have been launched on Tuesdays or Thursdays, it's likely that the launch date could be either the 14th, or the 16th. The GTX 660 will be based on the 28 nm "GK104" GPU. It will feature 1,344 or 1,152 CUDA cores, and a 192-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface, holding 1.5 GB of memory, according to the report. The new GPU could capture a crucial sub-$300 price-point.

Source

And the latest GPU-Z has just been released with

GPU-Z 0.6.3 adds support for NVIDIA GPUs including GeForce GT 620, GT 630, GT 640, GTX 660, Tesla M2090, Quadro 1100M, Quadro 5000M, NVS 5400M, G610M, GeForce GT 620M, GT 630M, GT640M LE, and GT 660M; AMD GPUs including Trinity (HD 7600D series), HD 7570, HD 7670, HD 6610M, HD 7550M, HD 7850M, HD 7520G, and HD 7640G.

Source

Hope it's true :)

What's wrong with 192-bit?

Add to that 1.5GB fail. GTX660 will be held back from being the epic x60GTX cards like those before :glare: Really Nvidia should realize, by now, the ever growing importance of graphics memory

Add to that 1.5GB fail. GTX660 will be held back from being the epic x60GTX cards like those before :glare: Really Nvidia should realize, by now, the ever growing importance of graphics memory

It's only 1 step in bus size down from the flagship at 256 bit...so it's actually got more bandwidth and memory than any of the older GTX x60 cards. :P

It's only 1 step in bus size down from the flagship at 256 bit...so it's actually got more bandwidth and memory than any of the older GTX x60 cards. :P

Yeah but it will cost it vs the 7870 or hell even the 7850. The 670 and 680 are held back because of it and so would the 660, I'm not saying it's not better then the last gens....they're not that dumb but still.

IMHO should have been 460 1GB (no crappier less shader core model or 768MB model), and then the 560 (only release the Ti, not a re-release cherrypicked 460 1GB rebrand) with 1.5GB and this generation the 660Ti or GTX should be 2GB and their 670 2.5GB (or 3GB) with the 680 having 3GB (or even 4GB, STOCK)

Yeah but it will cost it vs the 7870 or hell even the 7850. The 670 and 680 are held back because of it and so would the 660, I'm not saying it's not better then the last gens....they're not that dumb but still.

IMHO should have been 460 1GB (no crappier less shader core model or 768MB model), and then the 560 (only release the Ti, not a re-release cherrypicked 460 1GB rebrand) with 1.5GB and this generation the 660Ti or GTX should be 2GB and their 670 2.5GB (or 3GB) with the 680 having 3GB (or even 4GB, STOCK)

While it is true that Nvidia kind of dropped the ball on the Vram, I don't see the big deal. The gtx 660 will drop the price of the GTX 570 a bit and that card has enough video memory to keep you happy.

Here is my issue, I have some friends that work for Nvidia and they are convinced that the only reason that Nvidia is stumping the Vram, is so that people will buy maxwell GPUs when they are released.

I keep noticing this trend that companies will take the greatest break through in computer technology and then shoot an arrow at it's knee so that they can simply refine the tech and re-brand it to maximize the profit. In short, they are basically ridding the tick tock market strategy by intel. It is a great thing for my stock portfolio, but a terrible thing as a consumer.

I think 1.5 GB is enough for the people buying midrange cards - which the 660 is. People running 3 screens won't like it but 1.5 GB is more than enough for essentially any single-screen setup with the exception of super-modded Skyrim. :lol: