My rant.

Guest Black gold saw.

40 is considered full time in the US but the amount of workers who are working more than 40 is huge. Depending on the industry of course.

You got that right. The problem is a lot of the 40+ hour jobs, at least the ones i am familiar with, are the lowest paying ones.

You got that right. The problem is a lot of the 40+ hour jobs, at least the ones i am familiar with, are the lowest paying ones.

Well yeah, when you're only making $10/hr you kinda need as many hours as you can get.

40 is considered full time in the US but the amount of workers who are working more than 40 is huge. Depending on the industry of course.

However the unemployment is even larger that those really putting into their work.

My dad if there ever goes a week where he isn't nearly working an extra day of overtime it is rare. He averages about 7 hours of overtime in his 40 hour a week job. That's being a manager for you tho.

My mum a kinder teacher technically works part time (18 hours) however she is at work nearly ever day works 5 hour sessions with the children no breaks (toilet included) otherwise she will be breaking practices and the government want minders to offer even more hours (effin glorified daycare and no extra funding for it either). She puts in over 40 hours a week easily in an 18 hour job. Works unpaid on holidays etc to get the kinder ready for the children.

I understand lots of people work ridiculous schedules but there are even more people that either work to clock and not a second more or people that couldn't give an f and knock off whenever.

This is way to complicated to even handle in a forum. Since I know 99.99999999999% of people hate my opinions I will just leave it at this.

I think that a lot of what this thread is based on is media BS. I have met refugees from Iraq and Iran who I have sat down and talked to who thank the US for trying to stop the atrocities in their country. The people who are getting upset with us usually have very particular reasons for doing so. The media shows us a very polarized view of how people react to our presence in other countries in order to show how great their own political party is. If you watch Fox news, then you are going to see that there are a bunch of people who are thanking us to go to war to boast the rublican party that voted for the war, and if you watch MSNBC then you are going to see a bunch of people who hate us for being in their country so that they can support the democrats who are more in favor of getting out of any sort of foreign conflict.

The reality is that the people in the countries we occupy have as many different opinions of our presence as their are stars in the sky. To go on a rant about it, really only shows that you are focusing on one facet of a metaphorical diamond of a topic. And I do not mean that in a negative or offensive way. I see it all the time with people. However, I really do think you should volunteer at a refugee camp in america if you want to see people who are extremely thankful for america being the world police.

As for North Korea, I think there are maybe about 20 people in this world who can truly understand all of the facets of that country. The down and dirty version of it is that that country is so screwed up that the only way it is ever EVER going to get better is if it becomes a territory of another country. Kim jong ill was totally F**& nuts and I think we can all agree on that. To get mad at them for not running their country right is like getting mad at Apple for having too high of a price on their computers, Apple wouldn't be apple if it weren't for their mental prices and North Korea would not be North Korea if it weren't for their insane leaders.

What does piss me off is that we went to war with iraq for thinking that they had weapons of mass destruction, when we should have gone to war with North Korea when the leader was even more insane than Saddam Husien, they physically tested a nuke and said they would use it against us, AND we would have gotten way more international support. North Korea would have been a better target then the middle east by far. (That is of course if you believe that our government was only concerned about national security :lol: )

I will end with this though. I can see where you are coming from, and I used to be in that boat with you, but when I personally saw just how many people were actually grateful to the US for saving their lives and the loves of their loved ones, I realized that what we see when people quote "hate us" is all smoke and mirrors. Yeah sure, some people do hate us for being in their country, but a lot more people love us then those who hate us.

However the unemployment is even larger that those really putting into their work.

My dad if there ever goes a week where he isn't nearly working an extra day of overtime it is rare. He averages about 7 hours of overtime in his 40 hour a week job. That's being a manager for you tho.

The current US unemployment rate is just a tad over 8%, so I would say that mathematically discounts your first sentence :P But, I definitely still agree that there are too many deadbeats out there ;)

As for manager hours in America, I bet most would love to only work a 47 hour week. My gf used to be a store manager at American Eagle and was lucky to work less than 60 hours/week, holidays were even more rediculous. My manager now works more than 60 hours a week, every week. In the US, most manager positions are salaried with some sort of bonus structure in place. But, in order to get to that bonus, it usually takes some horrendous hours....all on salary, not hourly :-/

Oh and for those who get upset at America just being everywhere where we are not supposed to be well.....let me clue you in. You know how Russia claims they are a democracy and how Vladamir Putin is an "elected official"??? We all know that is BS right? It is sort of the same thing when you call America a nation. We are really an Empire.

Of course we are in places that people don't want us in. That is what an Empire does. It collects crappy places with no armies and then sort of toys with them.

The issue I have is that everyone points the finger at America for being like that. Germany has an Empire called the EU (I say that half jokingly, but if you look at it it really is an Empire). Russia is an Empire. Those guys are trying to wipe out Chechnya and they have stations in Sierra Leone of all places. I mean the list goes on and on and on.

I do not think that America is the most evil out of the Empires in the world, I think we are the most loud Empire of the world. We make sure everyone else around us knows what we are doing, but I guarantee you we are no where near alone in our corruption.

I think what we are doing is still wrong, but I do just want to make sure that the blame is spread evenly to all countries who are screwing with the smaller countries.

Side note: How many times do I need to ask sanata clause for a perfect society before I get one? Do I get like a punch card so that for every Christmas I give up I get a punch out, and after 20 punches I get what I want? Either Santa is really slacking on his promise to make my wishes come true, or I missed some paper work or something because he is 14 years late. :lol:

I'm not stupid :(

People usually just use that emoticon to show agreement (at least on this forum).

The "stupid" part isn't to be taken seriously.

You definitely have a point about the oil reserves though. I guess it didn't really work because gas is still way too expensive here. Maybe some big oil execs made a lot of money or something :dunno: