My rant.

Guest Black gold saw.

The current US unemployment rate is just a tad over 8%, so I would say that mathematically discounts your first sentence :P But, I definitely still agree that there are too many deadbeats out there ;)

As for manager hours in America, I bet most would love to only work a 47 hour week. My gf used to be a store manager at American Eagle and was lucky to work less than 60 hours/week, holidays were even more rediculous. My manager now works more than 60 hours a week, every week. In the US, most manager positions are salaried with some sort of bonus structure in place. But, in order to get to that bonus, it usually takes some horrendous hours....all on salary, not hourly :-/

Really stats I saw put it at 24% I think I was looking wrong :lol: yeah it's 8% checked again.

My dad is paid hourly and does work from home regularly at times however he is part of a wholesaler not a retailer so doesn't work for commission or salary which dictate a need for a certain volume of sales. US managers aren't special in that. His bonus was a fuel card (given because he raises sales by 20%) he declined a pay rise to fit in a lower tax bracket and got a fuel card instead which I can say right now was a brilliant decision.

I was pointing out I know there are people that work more than need be but they aren't the majority. Think about the people in your own workplaces and how many of them are just there for the money and once that clock hits 5 or whatever they are gone.

People with more responsibility ie kinder teachers (school teaches imo generally don't give an f---) managers, medical professionals etc generally put in more effort or they wouldn't have their job/position.

Really stats I saw put it at 24% I think I was looking wrong :lol: yeah it's 8% checked again.

My dad is paid hourly and does work from home regularly at times however he is part of a wholesaler not a retailer so doesn't work for commission or salary which dictate a need for a certain volume of sales. US managers aren't special in that. His bonus was a fuel card (given because he raises sales by 20%) he declined a pay rise to fit in a lower tax bracket and got a fuel card instead which I can say right now was a brilliant decision.

I was pointing out I know there are people that work more than need be but they aren't the majority. Think about the people in your own workplaces and how many of them are just there for the money and once that clock hits 5 or whatever they are gone.

People with more responsibility ie kinder teachers (school teaches imo generally don't give an f---) managers, medical professionals etc generally put in more effort or they wouldn't have their job/position.

Sorry Stoner if you misunderstood, but I wasn't saying that managers in the US are special for being on salary + bonus. What I was really saying was that they tend to put in a S ton of hours and that salary isn't always a good thing!

I don't know about taxes in Australia, so I have no idea if it was a good choice or not for your father. But I think most people (US or elsewhere) will take a pay increase anytime they can get it :biggrin:

But, when it comes to your statement about teachers not giving a f, I have to wholeheartedly disagree. At least in America that is, since admittedly I do not know how it is everywhere else! But here teaching, especially younger kids, is probably the most underpaid job there is. People who go to school to be teachers, know this up front and still do it. I may have had a few teachers here or there who didn't have there whole heart in the job, but for the most part I think teachers really love what they do, at least most of mine did. I think you might have to when going into a profession where you are underpaid, salaried, and work not only during the day, but take it home at night as well. I think most teachers in the US absolutely give a F ;)

Well here is the real kicker about unemployment percentages. They are all BS anyways. The percentage does not count for those people who are jobless and have given up looking for jobs. It does not count people under a certain age (I forget how old). It does not account for this, and it does not account for that and so on and so on.

I would say 24 is WAYYYYYYYY too high, but 8 is also a stupid number. Realistically I would place it at about 17 to 18 percent. That means roughly 1 out of every 5 Americans is unemployed which sounds about right. I am basing my numbers off of rational thought because lets face it. All polls are is a creation of some really bored, pissed off, overworked, numbers money who cut a ton of corners so he could go home early. That being said, I hope the comunity won't blame me for guesstimating what I could see being an accurate number.

People usually just use that emoticon to show agreement (at least on this forum).

The "stupid" part isn't to be taken seriously.

You definitely have a point about the oil reserves though. I guess it didn't really work because gas is still way too expensive here. Maybe some big oil execs made a lot of money or something :dunno:

I know, nor should I ever be taken seriously :P

Someone must have gotten rich, I doubt the US government invaded the middle east just for the fear of their MWD's, there are much larger threats in that department.

Also, I agree with TJ that the unemployment numbers are extremely skewed and aren't a very good judge. My biggest thing is that the government decides how many people are a resident in said government based on a census. Now if you're homeless you can't fill out a census because censii are usually done from home, also how many homeless people actually have jobs? I think that would have a fairly large impact. Then there are illegal aliens, they obviously aren't included, or under the table jobs where the employer pays cash. There are a ton of things that those unemployment figures don't take into account.

Someone must have gotten rich, I doubt the US government invaded the middle east just for the fear of their MWD's, there are much larger threats in that department.

much larger threats = Counties who may have nuclear capabilities! Not sure I really want the US to attack a crazy man with a button :whistling:

much larger threats = Counties who may have nuclear capabilities! Not sure I really want the US to attack a crazy man with a button :whistling:

Games like Fallout could end up being our reality if that happened, and I doubt they'd be as much fun in real life, heh.

I know, nor should I ever be taken seriously :P

Some people say that the war in the middle east is for total control over the suez (too lazy to look up spelling :P ) canal. You can control the oil fields in the desert and breathe a little bit easier at the pump, or you can control the suez canal and control the world the the exportation of said oil.

The Suez canal makes a lot more sense for a goal then the oil or weapons of mass destruction ever will be. If they were so high up on the list of the American government, then we would have invaded Yemen. Yemen is where all the terrorist are from including Osama Bin Laden, AND they have tons of oil too. Not to mention the geographically speaking it would have been an easy war to win considering Yemen is boxed in by water which provides a nice big parking lot to stick our air craft carriers on.

All signs point to the Suez Canal as the primary target for all of the middle east mess.

We have the ability to shoot those missiles out of the sky as if they were nothing but an annoying gnat. Being afraid of Nuclear countries is like being afraid of a guy with a gun when you are behind bullet proof glass.

:withstupid:

Sorry my American friends but you come across as thinking way to highly of yourselves. Seemingly always needing to get involved in every other country's affairs. Even when you can't sort out your own problems.

Oh yeah. I ordered that involvement. Thanks for assuming. Kind of arrogant of you cause the citizenship of the United States of America does not make those calls or send the orders. This country is only a democracy only on election day. anyhow so where do you find the right to blame me. Its like a Frenchman i once met that blamed me for all our government problem. And i agree you and that douch bag are right about our government. But don't hold me or other people accountable for others actions.

I am just a technician and i no longer vote because there is no logical decision in this country and every government, and in every government, official in one way or another is a liar so therefore I keep to myself. And where do you get the idea that I or anyone i hold dear thinks to highly of ourselves and on the fact that we are American. That kind of statement or way of thinking makes you no better then one of the racist cowardly Kkk members. And i can no long begin to express how deeply i am disappointed in that statement you made.

Good riddens

We have the ability to shoot those missiles out of the sky as if they were nothing but an annoying gnat. Being afraid of Nuclear countries is like being afraid of a guy with a gun when you are behind bullet proof glass

:pfp: I think pretty much sums this up!