NVIDIA is Preparing Something..

bp9801

The 680 is the mid range card..........

Lol, the GTX 680 was supposed to be a mid-ranged card, but it has top-ranged performance. Until a single GPU card can beat it, and the GTX 680 gets to the $250 - $300 range, it can be considered a top-ranged card.

So if there is a GK106 product that launches with lower performance than the GK104 parts, will Nyt still stand by his assessment of the naming conventions?

I will, because if GK106 is used for the GTX660 then it still backs up my claim that GK104 is mid range since the GTS450 was GF106 : http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gts-450-gf106-radeon-hd-5750,2734.html

The 680 is the mid range card..........

Yes, glad someone else can see it too :D

Lol, the GTX 680 was supposed to be a mid-ranged card, but it has top-ranged performance.

Yes, top-ranged performance compared to AMD

You newbs are in here arguing about old news, let's argue about the GTX 690 instead. I mean come on, it has 69 in it's name!

The 690 is kind of what started this whole thing. :lol: Nyt cannot understand why it only has two GK104 GPUs instead of the unannounced GK110.

The 690 is kind of what started this whole thing. :lol: Nyt cannot understand why it only has two GK104 GPUs instead of the unannounced GK110.

600+ watt power draw is why. :lol:

Yes, top-ranged performance compared to AMD

Sounds like someone is just hurt because they love AMD. Honestly kid, you make yourself sound ridiculous. You say it's bogus that Nvidia charges $500 for a so called mid-range card, then say it has top-end performance? Shouldn't you be directing this animosity towards AMD for not putting enough engineering into their own cards instead? I mean come on, last two generations of video cards AMD has been getting killed in terms of performance, and you are upset because Nvidia is taking advantage for having better tech? HELLO, it is a business. They are in it to make money. I would do the same thing if I had the upper hand, because consumers get better performance for a cheaper price and I make money off of the other companies failures.

You act like the name means everything. Get real. It's their company, their cards, their money!

AMD blew the goat on their own cards simply as that. They have all the power in the world on the 7970 but its way under powered for what it can do.

Nvidia comes out without with a mid range card that beats AMD's top card thats pretty sad really :rolleyes:

AMD blew the goat on their own cards simply as that. They have all the power in the world on the 7970 but its way under powered for what it can do.

Nvidia comes out without with a mid range card that beats AMD's top card thats pretty sad really :rolleyes:

The 7970 kicks ass all over the place in GPGPU work though...the 680 is quite a bit slower than a 580 and even a 480 for pretty much everything.

nVidia just has the resources to make a card targeted to graphics (the GK104) and a card targeted at HPC work (the GK110). AMD only makes one so it's a compromise between the two camps.

The 7970 kicks ass all over the place in GPGPU work though...the 680 is quite a bit slower than a 580 and even a 480 for pretty much everything.

nVidia just has the resources to make a card targeted to graphics (the GK104) and a card targeted at HPC work (the GK110). AMD only makes one so it's a compromise between the two camps.

The 7970 is way under powered on the gaming side it should be a lot better for what it has even AMD partners are saying the samething. The card seems throttled somewhere but nobody can find where.

Throw in their driver issues that could be a big cause who knows, I am so sick of AMD's crap I can't even stand to use their stuff anymore.

Ya when you have the resources to do lots of things it really helps your company grow, as you will see over the next little while AMD is going to get smaller and smaller..... mark my words.