NVIDIA is Preparing Something..

bp9801

Yeah the drivers are getting quite frustrating even for single GPU use. My HTPC hard locks occasionally because the AMD driver keeps misbehaving...which cost the OCC Minecraft server about 3-4 hours of work. I updated to 12.4 (it was 12.3 having issues) so hopefully it's fixed. BluePanda has had better luck with the 12.4 driver as well, but it's still locked randomly at idle once. Only the release driver is actually stable with more than 1 monitor. :yucky:

To top it all off the 12.4 driver broke CCC for me...so now I'm stuck with MLAA on in every game I play. :lol:

Sounds like someone is just hurt because they love AMD. Honestly kid, you make yourself sound ridiculous. You say it's bogus that Nvidia charges $500 for a so called mid-range card, then say it has top-end performance? Shouldn't you be directing this animosity towards AMD for not putting enough engineering into their own cards instead? I mean come on, last two generations of video cards AMD has been getting killed in terms of performance, and you are upset because Nvidia is taking advantage for having better tech? HELLO, it is a business. They are in it to make money. I would do the same thing if I had the upper hand, because consumers get better performance for a cheaper price and I make money off of the other companies failures.

You act like the name means everything. Get real. It's their company, their cards, their money!

Yeah hey I just love AMD :rolleyes:

Because of AMD, the consumers now have to pay ridiculous $500 prices for a card that Nvidia had meant to retail at $350-$400 if AMD had the performance that Nvidia has.

If AMD had gotten its act together then we would have a GTX670 (GTX680 performance) at $350-$400 and a GK110 at $500-$600. But now we have a GTX680 (actual GTX670) for $500 and the GK110 at whatever price Nvidia wants it to be marketed at because AMD cant compete. The GTX690 would also have been the same price as the old GTX590. Who knows what they would charge for a dual GK110 now ?!

:lol: I was actually getting a GTX680 next week but after I experienced it at a friends house and after he told me his experiences, Im not going to.

Sounds like someone is just hurt because they love AMD. Honestly kid, you make yourself sound ridiculous. You say it's bogus that Nvidia charges $500 for a so called mid-range card, then say it has top-end performance? Shouldn't you be directing this animosity towards AMD for not putting enough engineering into their own cards instead? I mean come on, last two generations of video cards AMD has been getting killed in terms of performance, and you are upset because Nvidia is taking advantage for having better tech? companies failures.

Both sides are at fault, mainly AMD because they came up with a poor performing card (way worse than the small performance difference between the 580 and 6970) because we should be comparing GK110 to the 7970 not to the GTX670 rebranded as a 680 and Nvidia for pulling an Intel move and charge an arm and a leg for a card designed to be much cheaper

HELLO, it is a business. They are in it to make money. I would do the same thing if I had the upper hand, because consumers get better performance for a cheaper price and I make money off of the other companies failures.

Consumers get better performance for a cheaper price ?! :rofl: If AMD actually could compete with the GK110 with their 7970 then the consumer would only be paying $350-$400 for a GTX680 and $500 for a GK110 while now the GTX680 goes for $500 and GK110 would probably go for $750 because Nvidia can charge whatever they want since AMD cant compete with GK110 and there's no competition - hows that getting better performance for a cheaper price ? :lol:

If AMD actually could compete with the GK110 with their 7970 then the consumer would only be paying $350-$400 for a GTX680 and $500 for a GK110 while now the GTX680 goes for $500 and GK110 would probably go for $750 because Nvidia can charge whatever they want since AMD cant compete with GK110 and there's no competition - hows that getting better performance for a cheaper price ? :lol:

You keep posting as if you know something about the GK110 that nobody else does. Nobody knows how it performs in games yet...and since the die is going to be huge it'll be extremely expensive no matter what.

What are you going to do if it's exactly the same speed in games as a GK104 but kicks ass in GPGPU work? :lol:

What are you going to do if it's exactly the same speed in games as a GK104 but kicks ass in GPGPU work? :lol:

Thats not going to happen...

I was reading comments on the facebook Geforce GTX page about the GTX 690, and it seems like a lot people are angry because they bought a GTX680 which was "outdated" a month later :lol: . It seems no one even knew about it before it was released. I remember reading about it ages ago, before the GTX680 even was announced, and was 99% sure that was the announcement this weekend. I'm sure none of them even know about the flagship GK110 being on the horizon or the fact that GTX680 is not the best offering of the architecture.

Am I the only one over there that regularly reads Fudzilla? :lol:

Both sides are at fault, mainly AMD because they came up with a poor performing card (way worse than the small performance difference between the 580 and 6970) because we should be comparing GK110 to the 7970 not to the GTX670 rebranded as a 680 and Nvidia for pulling an Intel move and charge an arm and a leg for a card designed to be much cheaper

Consumers get better performance for a cheaper price ?! :rofl: If AMD actually could compete with the GK110 with their 7970 then the consumer would only be paying $350-$400 for a GTX680 and $500 for a GK110 while now the GTX680 goes for $500 and GK110 would probably go for $750 because Nvidia can charge whatever they want since AMD cant compete with GK110 and there's no competition - hows that getting better performance for a cheaper price ? :lol:

You keep talking about GK110 as if it is already out. They might not even release it until GTX 7xx series. So please stop talking about it when you obviously know nothing about it.

And yea, the GTX 680 is a better price than the 7970. Better performance and started $50 cheaper. Who cares what a card is called, if it performs better than the competition and at a better price, it's better. Stop trying to downplay the 680 just because you are having a tantrum.

The 7970 is way under powered on the gaming side it should be a lot better for what it has even AMD partners are saying the samething. The card seems throttled somewhere but nobody can find where.

Throw in their driver issues that could be a big cause who knows, I am so sick of AMD's crap I can't even stand to use their stuff anymore.

Ya when you have the resources to do lots of things it really helps your company grow, as you will see over the next little while AMD is going to get smaller and smaller..... mark my words.

Hey, at least the GPU's are better performing than the failure called Bulldozer. But with the driver issues and the loss to Nvidia last two generations, AMD is going down. Need to use some of that marketing money in engineering lol.