NVIDIA is Preparing Something..

bp9801

Well maybe we can get back to the 690... anyone have any reviews yet? Anxious to see how it does with temps and the like.

I would expect a review to appear later this week or possibly early next. Limited launch day is May 3rd with greater availability on the 7th.

You punish Nyt by making him gift people games on Steam? :lol:

Thats a good one. Sucks he is so hard to get going..... :whistling:

Maybe we should try that on tj, someone would have a bunch of free games.:evilgrin:

GTS450's only have one SLI finger :teehee:

That's what made the joke even better :lol:

I would have actually had to do research on AMD cards to come up with an equivalent ...tho it would make more sense since you switch back and forth between Nvidia and AMD.

Still a better performing card as of right now. Also, the only reason AMD dropped prices is because the 680 was the "better performance at better price". Seriously, you really need to direct this animosity away from us sensible forum members and assign it to AMD for not performing up to your grand expectations. I'm sorry you're hurt the 680 is the best single GPU out right now (whether it is mid-range or not), but get over yourself. Face the facts, you have NO IDEA what GK110 will be or when it will release. All we have right now are the 7970, 680, and 690. Until the 685 or 780 releases, you cannot mix facts with speculation and rumor.

We need to live in the now. The only reason AMD dropped the price was because it had to. How many people had to pay full price for the 7970 before the price drop?

Well maybe we can get back to the 690... anyone have any reviews yet? Anxious to see how it does with temps and the like.

I know but just cant tell :thumbsup:

WHen you get down to it the 7970 is not a bad card. It is just stuck with horrible driver support. The most stable driver has been the pre release review driver. I still cannot run Xfire without crashing with a BSOD after 4 installs. And to tell the truth I am over it.

WHen you get down to it the 7970 is not a bad card. It is just stuck with horrible driver support. The most stable driver has been the pre release review driver. I still cannot run Xfire without crashing with a BSOD after 4 installs. And to tell the truth I am over it.

What games are you playing where it BSOD? I know I had to do really good driver cleanings before installing every AMD Crossfire setup, but I have no problems whatsoever on 12.3 drivers.

What games are you playing where it BSOD? I know I had to do really good driver cleanings before installing every AMD Crossfire setup, but I have no problems whatsoever on 12.3 drivers.

I know BluePanda has had issues with the newer drivers and Eyefinity. The prerelease driver worked well, but the 12.3 driver would crash randomly whenever multiple displays were enabled. 12.4 seems to be okay so far though.

I know BluePanda has had issues with the newer drivers and Eyefinity. The prerelease driver worked well, but the 12.3 driver would crash randomly whenever multiple displays were enabled. 12.4 seems to be okay so far though.

She didn't just do a direct update of the drivers, did she? If you uninstall, use driver sweeper or Atiman Uninstaller, then CCleaner, then install, then regedit, then the atipdl64.dll and atpdlxx.dll (for overclocking on MSI Afterburner), it's worked fine for me, no BSOD's, even on 5760 x 1200 (cuz I did a review at that resolution).

Every game I tried with the 12.4 on a clean install. The 12.4 driver was the first and only one I installed before i nixed it. They should work out of the box without disabling ULPS or any other software tweaks to force Xfire to work. I'll play with Xfire only when and if they can get it to work correctly on their flagship card. Single cards and 6970's are fine without issues but multi GPU its a no go for me on a pair of brand new out of the box HD 7970's.