Sign in to follow this  
bp9801

NVIDIA is Preparing Something..

Yeah you def. can't get three 680's for $1000, try $1500. And to everyone who says this is a mid-range card, so what? If it is or isn't, it still outperforms the 7970. If you have the fastest single GPU on the planet, you get the right to sell it at what you want. Stop being AMD fanboys and accept a loss when it's right in front of you.

AMD needs to leave desktop CPU and GPU creation to the big boys, and only concentrate on mobile APU's.

They're GK104. The GTX670 specs have been released and its only got one SLI finger - Just like the GTX560 Ti has one finger - more evidence that the 680 is the GTX570 successor and is mid range in the Kepler series. They may appear high-end since AMD's high end card is beaten by it but doesnt take away the fact that Nvidia intended the 680 to be mid range but are now milking the market as any company would.

Even the PCB screams mid range, the 7970 has a far better PCB. The 680 only has 5 phase power, 256bit (common on mid range cards) and dual 6 pin connectors. The mem bandwidth on the 680 only matches the 580 mem bandwidth at 192Gb, a far cry from the 264Gb/s of the 7970. The GK110 is the GTX580 succesor with probably more phases, 8+6pin and at least 384bit.

I see nothing in your logic that makes sense. It doesn't have to be a power hog to be high end.

What's next, claiming that AMD CPUs are better because they use more power? :lol:

• Like 1

I see nothing in your logic that makes sense. It doesn't have to be a power hog to be high end.

Is that the only thing you understood from my post ? Thats only one of the things missing from the 680 . It was designed by Nvidia to be a mid range card in the Kepler series to replace the GTX570 but Nvidia just retailed it as high end because AMD couldn't match it and anyone who disagrees is either ignorant or stupid

Is that the only thing you understood from my post ? Thats only one of the things missing from the 680 . It was designed by Nvidia to be a mid range card in the Kepler series to replace the GTX570 but Nvidia just retailed it as high end because AMD couldn't match it and anyone who disagrees is either ignorant or stupid

Big Kepler is for GPGPU. GK104 is the high end consumer part.

It doesn't matter what you call it.

Also - thanks for insulting everyone. Pure class. :lol:

Big Kepler is for GPGPU. GK104 is the high end consumer part.

It doesn't matter what you call it.

Also - thanks for insulting everyone. Pure class. :lol:

GK110 is only for GPGPU just like GF110 aka GTX580 was only for GPGPU and not the high end consumer part ??? Yeah right...Seriously :lol:

GK110 is the GTX580 replacement and the GTX680 is the GTX570 replacement. Just like the GTX670 which has only one SLI finger common to mid range cards like the 560 Ti.

You must be one of the people who felt insulted then ? Because the truth is hard to face when the facts are there :pfp:

Nvidia cut down the GPGPU performance on the 680 because it doesn't help for gaming.

GK110 is more oriented to GPU computing. It doesn't mean that the 680 is a mid range card just because there's a SKU above it.

Nvidia cut down the GPGPU performance on the 680 because it doesn't help for gaming.

GK110 is more oriented to GPU computing. It doesn't mean that the 680 is a mid range card just because there's a SKU above it.

Yeah, because those extra 768 Cuda cores really hurt gaming performance... :rolleyes:

So your logic dictates that GF104 (GTX560 Ti) is not a mid range card just because it has GK110 above it ? :lol: The GTX680 was designed to be mid range in the Kepler series just like GF104 was to GF110

I don't even know why I argue with you at all.

Would you call a 3770K mid range? The SB-E chips are still faster.

The product is what is positioned at. Nvidia markets it as high end. It performs like it is high end. Why argue with that?

I could say the same thing

Would you call a 3770K mid range? The SB-E chips are still faster.

The product is what is positioned at. Nvidia markets it as high end. It performs like it is high end. Why argue with that?

Why are you comparing this with CPU's or have you forgotten about GK104 and GF110 ? Nvidia markets it as high end because it performs like AMD's high end not because it performs like Kepler's high end.

Because of AMD, the consumers now have to pay ridiculous $500 prices for a card that Nvidia had meant to retail at $350-$400 if AMD had the performance that Nvidia has.

If AMD had gotten its act together then we would have a GTX670 (GTX680 performance) at $350-$400 and a GK110 at $500-$600. But now we have a GTX680 (actual GTX670) for $500 and the GK110 at whatever price Nvidia wants it to be marketed at because AMD cant compete. The GTX690 would also have been the same price as the old GTX590. Who knows what they would charge for a dual GK110 now ?!

So if there is a GK106 product that launches with lower performance than the GK104 parts, will Nyt still stand by his assessment of the naming conventions?