the Fitness Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 months ago i worked in a school book store so id spend a 40hr working week getting a free workout :D. It was great working there. I was about ~85kgs (189lbs) and i'd eat Mcdonalds every day for lunch or a massive white bread cheese & bacon roll / twist from the bakery. I'd burn it off just lifting and moving stock around.

Then last august i started a job working for an accounting firm. Now I sit at a desk all day and i weigh ~94kgs (207lbs) i'm 5'10 (177cm). i need to do some kind of workout routine to shed those unwanted kilos. The goal is to be able to do the 5.7km version of the Melbourne marathon with mates come October. And to slim down to ~85kgs. not necessarily by the same date :lol:

As of last night i've started jogging after work. You gotta love GPS accuracy. last night 3.47kms in 21mins 33sec. tonight did the exact same route but in the opposite direction. 3.36kms in 20mins 30s :pfp::lol:

Need to start riding and jogging again, pity it's winter.

Anyhow my old coach who stopped round today was yet again trying to get me to come back to train but I am lacking the motivation atm :-/

you just gotta get into the routine again. A quote i remember from a guest speaker years ago was "I'm too tired or I can't be bothered is not an excuse". i might be paraphrasing slightly. Maybe me and you should workout sometime :lol: if you dont mind dragging a dead weight :lol:

Bilcliff see you at the melb marathon? :P

Guess I will do it this year going to join a running ground and will be doing 8-10km Tuesday nights.

Also gonna start going down to lystifield lake with my bike more to do the comm games single track. Going to start this weekend :)

The too tied and can't be bothered thing really hasn't affected me that much weighing in just under 70kg at 6' 3" and miraculously still sporting toned if well not defined abs and well all around muscles. Kinda happens when you sport a national silver medel and right now I am almost tempted to seriously start aths again just to get a new pair of aths Vic trackers my old pair ripped just the other day :cry:

About 8 months ago, i was 285lbs @ 6'6". So I was really tall and didn't look THAT fat, but still big. I have big shoulders and the like as well, im just a big guy no question about that. But about 5 months ago, i was down to 240lbs having lost about 3 inches off my waist, along with a large amount of fat from everywhere else.

Today, im back up to 255lbs, but with another 2 inches off the waist. I started doing a lot more lifting and eating better with lots more protein, And i packed on FAAAR more muscle than i lost in fat. Still looking to lose more fat from my thighs and stomach, waist is about as small as its going to get really. My belt sits right on my hip bone, and im still wearing 36 waist pants lol.

Hoping to lose lots more fat, while i continue to gain muscle mass, ive actually got some good muscles now, but they are not defined because of the fat.

About 8 months ago, i was 285lbs @ 6'6". So I was really tall and didn't look THAT fat, but still big. I have big shoulders and the like as well, im just a big guy no question about that. But about 5 months ago, i was down to 240lbs having lost about 3 inches off my waist, along with a large amount of fat from everywhere else.

Today, im back up to 255lbs, but with another 2 inches off the waist. I started doing a lot more lifting and eating better with lots more protein, And i packed on FAAAR more muscle than i lost in fat. Still looking to lose more fat from my thighs and stomach, waist is about as small as its going to get really. My belt sits right on my hip bone, and im still wearing 36 waist pants lol.

Hoping to lose lots more fat, while i continue to gain muscle mass, ive actually got some good muscles now, but they are not defined because of the fat.

Question, because of your size do you ever find people want to go you? When.out etc.

Question, because of your size do you ever find people want to go you? When.out etc.

What? O_o

Im with onion on this one... What? Lol lol2.gif

Do you mean like go out with me? Like on a date??

Maybe he means fight you?

Why would people want to fight him if he's a nice guy lol.

Haha, no people never want to fight me, who willingly pick a fight with a guy who stands a whole head taller than most people and looks like a gorilla??! People tell me all the time that I'm extremely intimidating and people are completely blown away to find out I'm an extremely nice down to earth person. It's made for a large number of awkward first encounters with people, lol teehee.gif

I've been in a few minor scuffles before, but nothing serious enough that I'd call a fight. I have practiced martial arts for many years and used to spar with my brothers all the time, and I occasionally still do. But just in general people don't mess with me, it's probably something I've taken advantage of most of my life but hardly ever notice it.

Had completely forgotten this thread, still working out. Changed to a full body body weight program. I was getting unbalanced.

As eveyone is comparing weight i'll just go ahead and make you all jealous: 5'10" and 146 lb. :whistling:

Haha, no people never want to fight me, who willingly pick a fight with a guy who stands a whole head taller than most people and looks like a gorilla??! People tell me all the time that I'm extremely intimidating and people are completely blown away to find out I'm an extremely nice down to earth person. It's made for a large number of awkward first encounters with people, lol teehee.gif

I've been in a few minor scuffles before, but nothing serious enough that I'd call a fight. I have practiced martial arts for many years and used to spar with my brothers all the time, and I occasionally still do. But just in general people don't mess with me, it's probably something I've taken advantage of most of my life but hardly ever notice it.

Your lucky then one of my mates who is just shy of 6' and is about 100kg of pure muscle has people wanting to go him (yes that means fight) all the time. Some people just want to take on the biggest most intimidating guy.

He also has done martial arts (karate of some form) at a nationally competitive level but it didn't help him enough when he was jumped by some guys with planks, chains and knives.

Some people are just d¡cks and go for the intimidating people like well yourself. People who usely are quite nice and very calm and rational.