EBAY SUCKS!

Waco

Just realized what that phrase means when typed out. Was wondering why it was used in one of Halestorm's songs. Life makes sense again :P

lol I didn't know it was from a Halestorm song. My coworker says that to his wife (soon to be ex-wife) when she calls him at work. She doesn't know why :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol: I just pulled the block off to clean it and found out how the guy actually killed the card. There's water damage all over the paper grommets I used and every screw was loose holding it on. He literally broke the cap off just to return it.

The added shipping damage wouldn't even have mattered in this case. :lol:

I'll post some pics up of the card and cleaned block later. I'll cut an amazing deal on the block for anyone that wants it for their 4870X2. ;)

:lol: I just pulled the block off to clean it and found out how the guy actually killed the card. There's water damage all over the paper grommets I used and every screw was loose holding it on. He literally broke the cap off just to return it.

The added shipping damage wouldn't even have mattered in this case. :lol:

I'll post some pics up of the card and cleaned block later. I'll cut an amazing deal on the block for anyone that wants it for their 4870X2. ;)

So, basically he fried the card due to installing it without giving it a once over to make sure everything was as it should be?

So, basically he fried the card due to installing it without giving it a once over to make sure everything was as it should be?

Whatever he did he spilled water all over it. I'm guessing he didn't leak test it at all before firing it up. :P

Seriously though - anyone who wants a 4870X2 water block...PM me. :)

HELL YEA!!!

The appeal was approved and the refund was reversed on the guy. I'm getting my money back and the dumb guy didn't win after all.

YAY!!! YAY!!! WOOO :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

So who wants to buy the water block off the card? That's all that survived coming back -- :P

HAHA

BUT YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAY

Congratz. Unfortunately he probably did not learn his lesson.

Here's some pics of the cooler after I cleaned it up. Thankfully this idiot didn't do any damage to the block itself. If anyone wants the block...seriously PM me. You won't believe the deal I'll give you. ;)

It has never been so damn clean. :lol:

Sorry for the picture quality, these are from my phone. :P Click for the larger view. Ketchup is magic!

post-8484-0-49877300-1334199886_thumb.jpg

post-8484-0-92307400-1334199908_thumb.jpg

post-8484-0-75442000-1334199913_thumb.jpg

post-8484-0-42439800-1334199918_thumb.jpg

post-8484-0-34981300-1334199922_thumb.jpg

post-8484-0-21596700-1334199926_thumb.jpg

And here's the poor card...the end is all chewed up and the fan connector on the bottom left used to have a friendly capacitor as a neighbor. I prepped it for hanging on the wall (yes, we're geeks in this house) so I straightened the card back out. The bottom right near the power connectors used to be bent about 15 degrees up from level. :lol: There's no way I'd put this in any computer I cared about...or without a fire extinguisher handy. :P

post-8484-0-77708400-1334199930_thumb.jpg

Oh - BTW - Mythos - this is what's left of your card. Sorry that this Ebay asshole decided to kill it. :(

I prepped it for hanging on the wall (yes, we're geeks in this house) so I straightened the card back out.

As a reminder to not use Ebay again or to honor how well it served you before? Both is an acceptable answer.

Personally, I don't think I would ever hang just a GPU on the wall. I would be willing to break down a computer into every component and putting that on the wall. Maybe not the case or PSU though, just because of how big those are.