EBAY SUCKS!

Waco

My goodness.....that sucks!!!!! I've never had these type of problems with ebay....

could you solder the capacitor back on?

No. He shipped it back so poorly that the PCB is busted on the end of the card.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This whole story is just so.................... discouraging :(

I'm really sorry for you and Blue. Anymore eBay is my LAST resort for selling stuff. There are just too many scam artists and Paypal holding funds for up to 21 days is a joke. In fact, in the last few months there have been some items I've just decided to keep if I can't sell them outright here or elsewhere (anywhere but eBay). I used to love eBay too. Such a sad degradation of users and company policies now.

Strange that eBay sided with him in light of the fact that you specified that he insure the return and he did not.

I saw it mentioned before, but I wanted to reiterate that I've also gone the extra step of taking multiple photos of the item and keeping them until my funds have cleared. I photo every step of the packing process and even the finished box. That way there is an illustrated history if a buyer comes back and tries to claim something was broken. I always insure my packages now and in most cases even require signature delivery.

Yea I'm a little bummed. I usually try to cut deals around here -- but often times people are willing to pay more on ebay. This is the first time I've taken a hit -- and it kinda sucks. It happens. There's always a few out there. It probably won't keep me from selling there -- but you can expect more deals to be posted here. Mostly review items getting out of the house anyway -- so I feel good giving you good deals on the nifty stuff.

We are still fighting back -- appealed their "solution" so perhaps I can still win...:fingers crossed:

Paypal holding funds for up to 21 days is a joke.

Is this for all received funds? It's been a long while since i've sold something. I'd always transfer to my bank account right as soon as I got payment. It has to sit there for 21 days now?

Is this for all received funds? It's been a long while since i've sold something. I'd always transfer to my bank account right as soon as I got payment. It has to sit there for 21 days now?

Paypal places a hold on the funds until the sale has been confirmed delivered. As soon as all my stuff has been delivered I've gotten releases on the payments (at least as far as I can tell). It seems they just hold it to make sure they don't have to back charge you when you don't ship it out. Tracking numbers seem to be a quick rush on getting payments.

On many items (especially electronics and computer gear) they have been holding funds until they have confirmed delivery and the buyer leaves positive feedback. It can be fewer than 21 days, but they have up until then to release funds according to their revised policies.

We are still fighting back -- appealed their "solution" so perhaps I can still win...:fingers crossed:

For what it's worth, after the first time I was burned on eBay, I bent over and the buyer got everything he wanted and more, fine, fool me once.

Second time, just as you did, photographed everything, submitted everything, sided with the buyer as usual. So I started the appeal process.

Then gave eBay a call, explained everything, mysteriously they ruled the appeal in my favor and I had my funds back a long while later, but I came out ahead I suppose. Granted this was like two years ago, not really sure what their phone department is like now, but that 1-1 human interaction seemed to have helped. :)

I mean hell, it couldn't hurt any right? You guys already got shafted :\

Edited by Munkypoo7

HELL YEA!!!

The appeal was approved and the refund was reversed on the guy. I'm getting my money back and the dumb guy didn't win after all.

YAY!!! YAY!!! WOOO :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

So who wants to buy the water block off the card? That's all that survived coming back -- :P

HAHA

BUT YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAY

HELL YEA!!!

The appeal was approved and the refund was reversed on the guy. I'm getting my money back and the dumb guy didn't win after all.

YAY!!! YAY!!! WOOO :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

So who wants to buy the water block off the card? That's all that survived coming back -- :P

HAHA

BUT YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAY

Awesome! Congrats! :D

Haha hopefully that will teach him to not be a little C U Next Tuesday.

Just realized what that phrase means when typed out. Was wondering why it was used in one of Halestorm's songs. Life makes sense again :P