Ivy Bridge Core i7-3770K @ 7.06Ghz

90sgamer

Wait for haswell. Smaller chip, less volts, higher clock frequency, rumored to use DDR4 memory which could (could and will are two different things unfortunately) benefit stuff like QPI voltages.

All's well for haswell, but that's 2-3 years too long of a wait. :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 year.

2 years is like broadwell or something like that. 3 years is Skylake and I believe 4 years is skymont.

Nah, they never make their deadlines on new architecture. Plus, the 1-2 month waiting time for seeing how other people are handling the new chips and for MicroCenter to sell them with good deals. :P

Btw, everyone should be looking for some good deals on SB CPU's when the few enthusiasts upgrade to Ivy Bridge. Just gotta hope those Ivy Bridge CPU's can hit 5.5GHz 24/7 on water and you'll see some good sales.

1 year.

2 years is like broadwell or something like that. 3 years is Skylake and I believe 4 years is skymont.

Not to Hijack my own thread, but I'll grab a shovel and start digging AMD's grave now.

Man, I used to be the biggest AMD fanboy back in the day. My first 2 builds were an Athlon Classic 1Ghz and an Athlon 64 3000+. I even had an AMD shirt in high school! :cry:

Their APUs and low power solutions are pretty sweet, but I miss the days when they made CPUs that could make Intel a little scared .. ie Athlon 64 FX. That was a beast.

There is really no arguing with these chips SB & IB chips. They are crazy fast & insanely overclockable, and even more powerful ones are on the way. Intel FTW :cheers:

still waiting on e5 xeons, but ivy bridge does look good for overclocking.

and about that 100% thing, alot of people with sr-2 boards and the like have got over 100% by buying the slower xeons (2ghz) and overclocking them to above 4, like im doing with the e5s

Wait for haswell. Smaller chip, less volts, higher clock frequency, rumored to use DDR4 memory which could (could and will are two different things unfortunately) benefit stuff like QPI voltages.

I'm planning on waiting, at least until Broadwell. I can't spend ALL my money on my computer unfortunately :P

Don't worry man... you'd never make it that far before you killed it.... LOL

too soon?

:lol: Nah, not since I have a replacement in hand already. If it weren't for this stupid project I've got due I'd be rebuilding my Intel rig right now.