Borderlands 2 coming September 18!

DanTheGamer11

Game breaking glitch in Borderlands 2 - read to prevent it (and temporary solution).

http://news.softpedi...It-301163.shtml

Also Borderlands game coming to iOS, hopefully Android too.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Borderlands-Legends-for-iOS-Coming-on-iPhone-and-iPad-This-Month-301146.shtml

Edited by DanTheGamer11

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game breaking glitch in Borderlands 2 - read to prevent it (and temporary solution).

http://news.softpedi...It-301163.shtml

Two things worth noting about that. One is it appears to only be affecting xBox 360 players and the other is it appears to have originated with someone attempting to mod the game. From that player, it then spread like a virus (based on the article). Not sure it can qualify as a glitch if the source really is someone making a bad mod.

Two things worth noting about that. One is it appears to only be affecting xBox 360 players and the other is it appears to have originated with someone attempting to mod the game. From that player, it then spread like a virus (based on the article). Not sure it can qualify as a glitch if the source really is someone making a bad mod.

Well...it passes from player to player like a virus and the game allows that (somehow). I'm glad to hear it's a 360-oriented glitch only.

Well...it passes from player to player like a virus and the game allows that (somehow). I'm glad to hear it's a 360-oriented glitch only.

This is what I'm guessing happened.

Based on what the article said, it sounds like the modder(s) were trying to make the game harder by getting away with Fight for Your Life and instead of the fallen players observe the battlefield from a 3rd person view. Some games, like Dungeon Defenders, have that as a feature. Information about entering and leaving FFYL though would have to be sent from one machine (console or PC) to every other. No Second Wind or Respawn signal will ever be sent though, but something may have to be sent, just so the other machine's are not confused. Perhaps that signal triggers some diagnostic response, which creates the graveyard.sav file, and is logged in such a way that the game will not leave that diagnostic mode.

It does make sense, to me at least, that a diagnostic mode that would create a unique save file with non-player information would be present in the game, even in the release build. It also makes sense to me that a modder could accidentally trip it. What does not make sense to me is what kind of idiot or malicious modder would go online before having thoroughly testing and debugging the mod?

If I'm right or wrong, I hope Gearbox can fix this, but I have a feeling the saved games are gone for any xBox player affected.

By the way, another thing mentioned in the article is that to avoid it, don't play with randoms who may or may not be affected.

Anybody else think this sounds an awful lot like an STD? I'm sorry if that seems weird, but seriously, it spreads between people who play together and if you are more careful about who you play with, you can protect yourself.

Where's Claptrap to make a joke? Or Moxxi? Best I got is, "avoid random foursomes!"

Well finally started BL2 just the other day haha

Also must say for those that felt gaige and deathtrap were really powerful well....... they are. I used to go nuts with Lilith and she was great but deathtrap is just insane to pull out as an action skill. A more powerful moving Scorpio turret.

Very good against pesky Rak and earns you XP. Its not just badass perks that made gaige good, she is just plain great. Personality is taking me a bit to adjust to but there are moments she is great.

Like when a badass marauder came out a door yelling some shit about going to crush me and she goes "come now, no need to be a dick about it" :)

I will admit I really miss Lilith's laugh when she got headshots. I am glad she has a cult in BL2 haha

Unlock Axton's spooky "Yellowjacket" customization in Borderlands 2 with the below SHiFT code!

PC SHiFT Code: KT53J-36HBK-W6JJ3-BJJB3-WH95H

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KBKBT-WH6Z5-X96B6-WX3TJ-5J6J3

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5T3-5H5KT-3KCKT-9JKBB-3SKHT

Check back at 4PM CT ( http://bit.ly/SudPEc ) for the code to obtain the "Hornet's Nest" customization for Zer0!

This code will be active until Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:55PM CT