Watercooling Meltdown

ir_cow

the stupid molex pins got squished and instead of making a firm connection it was loosely making contact. just have to pull the wires out and straighten them.

I can almost smell a working computer! or...maybe that the melted plastic.

Atleast its not that bad.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i went over the computer with a blacklight (since the water is UV-ish). only the PSU and under the case has dried residue. looks like my card is clean and everything else.

for alcohol, i have 90%. would that work? also what about the coating most PCB have, wouldn't that remove part of it, leaving the PCB exposed?

No. Rubbing alchole has water in it. Go get denatured alcohol from a hardware store that carried painting assesories. It may remove a portion of the laquor if you overdo it But its not going to cause damage.

If the psu has water inside it at all throw it away.

i went over the computer with a blacklight (since the water is UV-ish). only the PSU and under the case has dried residue. looks like my card is clean and everything else.

for alcohol, i have 90%. would that work? also what about the coating most PCB have, wouldn't that remove part of it, leaving the PCB exposed?

I used 95% rubbing alcohol... or what ever I had... should be fine...

I just looked at the bottle it's 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.... cheap stuff

but what Boinker said will work too.... I use that to clean TIM after doing teh initial with Goof-Off or Goo-Be-Gone

good news, the pump and psu works! system filled and ready to go. just going to be some tightly up and hope for the best.

I wasnt going to throw my Seasonic away, i love it to much. rather if it did have water inside i would be tempted to take it apart and clean it up.

All fluids in a watercooling system will become conductive pretty quickly regardless of how conductive they started.

I actually tested that out with some supposed non conductive fluid. It starts out that way but a few months later it was not. So much for spending cash on a non conductive fluid. A 1 dollar jug of distilled water and a killi coil or piece of silver jewelery works just fine. :cheers:

I actually tested that out with some supposed non conductive fluid. It starts out that way but a few months later it was not. So much for spending cash on a non conductive fluid. A 1 dollar jug of distilled water and a killi coil or piece of silver jewelery works just fine. :cheers:

Do we need to tell bluepand where her favorite hearings are Waco or are you going to handle that one yourself. Lol