Arg Computers...

Waco

So I've decided computers suck...and I can't even use mine ATM so I jacked Waco's computer.

It started with simply setting up my old AMD rig last night so that I could have a separate work rig while I still have my review rig -- therefore I can bench and still do HW and other stuff at the same time.

Anyway, that wasn't really the issue. Setting up the review rig with an SSD for windows and an SSD for games was...I was going to install Civ5 today and play. So I walk back turn on my rig, hummm where is the D drive with steam and my other install files -- yea it didn't come up with windows. Unplugging and plugging the drive brought it up no problem, so I figure it's a fluke. Nope -- it won't boot both drives with windows. I already took the old 80GB drive out that I thought was causing issues, but no the problem still exists. So it's been about 4 hours since I wanted to play Civ5 and I still don't have it installed. :(

ARG Computers... :vmad:

Rant complete for now...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hummm...after I post this -- I finally figured it out. I bet NONE of you will guess what it is...at least I can do some stuff now...

EDIT: This was BluePanda again, if you hadn't figured that out. :P

Edited by Waco

This is Waco again, I have my computer back. :lol:

This is by far, the weirdest bug I've ever seen. I'll let a few of you guess before I say what it was, but here are the symptoms:

On boot, only the OS drive would show up in Windows.

Hotplugging all remaining drives made them show up just fine.

After they showed up, they'd work perfectly, no errors, nothing abnormal.

After a reboot, the drives would be missing until hotplugged again.

Guesses? :P

Edited by Waco

Hummm...after I post this -- I finally figured it out. I bet NONE of you will guess what it is...at least I can do some stuff now...

EDIT: This was BluePanda again, if you hadn't figured that out. :P

Booted the wrong drive up? :P