Arg Computers...

Waco

So are you happily play civ now? :) glad you got it tracked down BP :thumbsup:

Not a bad idea for a thread! unusual problems and odd facts.

Since nobody got it, and you let the kitty out of the burlap. Mind if I lay one on you I learned from a conversation with a manager at Newegg?

ummmm sure?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was speaking with a tech manager ( I think that was his title) at Newegg . We were talking about the development of the Roseqill house brand and we got on the subject of returns and RMA's. He told me that the VAST majority of items returned have nothing wrong with them. Not a big shock. What was amazing i thought was what he told me the number one reason for returned PSU's was. Anyone want to hazard a guess? I don't know how scientific his info was, but it apparently happens very frequently.

Last year I was speaking with a tech manager ( I think that was his title) at Newegg . We were talking about the development of the Roseqill house brand and we got on the subject of returns and RMA's. He told me that the VAST majority of items returned have nothing wrong with them. Not a big shock. What was amazing i thought was what he told me the number one reason for returned PSU's was. Anyone want to hazard a guess? I don't know how scientific his info was, but it apparently happens very frequently.

I'm going to guess the power switch was off...or on older PSUs without internal switching the voltage was set to 230 instead of 115. :P

I'm going to guess the power switch was off...or on older PSUs without internal switching the voltage was set to 230 instead of 115. :P

Nope, but that was my first and second guess as well.

well apparently there are a very high first time builders ordering components. They take it out of the box, plug it into the wall (just the PSU) "to test it out" When it does not light up/spin up....back it goes.

well apparently there are a very high first time builders ordering components. They take it out of the box, plug it into the wall (just the PSU) "to test it out" When it does light up/spin up....back it goes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even think of that.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't even think of that.

ROFL, I about fell of my chair when he told me that. I cant imagine how much that cost's them (and us for that matter) they can't 'open box' them.

Why not? I would expect that parts that come back and test out okay would be acceptable for reselling as "open box" items.

I ( and this is just an estimation on my part) but I think it's a liability issue. I can't find any 'open box' PSU's on Newegg.Maybe if Paul finds this thread, he can shed some light on why they dont. Maybe they have to be 're-certified' after being returned for being faulty or something.

I had a picture in my head of the poor first time builder all excited about his new LED equipped PSU sitting by the wall socket and saying "oh #!@&*....it's broken" when it doesn't light up for him or her.

** BTW BP, I purchased 4 of the Kingwin fans you reviewed the other day, and put a nice little nick in the tip of my ring finger as well. nice fans though.