• Steam
    • Origin
    • Both
    • Neither

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see threads like this and I wonder how it makes EA feel knowing that they can't promote their platform through good service, but only with AAA games. Then I remember they're millionaires so they don't really care. :lol:

Just like what Valve did with Steam at launch?

When I look at Origin and compare it to Steam, it's pretty obvious that Steam is the victor. It's got more features, more users, and most importantly, a wider selection of games. However, the mistake in this comparison is assuming that Origin is attempting to compete with Steam in a direct manner - it's not. Origin is merely a way for EA to force their customers to purchase directly from them when it comes to digital sales. EA doesn't want Origin to start selling games from other developers, and in this aspect, the amount of users and selection of games is an unfair comparison to make between Origin and Steam. So all Steam really has is extra features, but that just comes from having all of the extra years behind it.

By nature, I like Steam more - if every company went down the line of EA and made their own 'Origin', I'd have way too many applications on my computer just to download my games, which is why I don't like the idea of Origin. If EA wants a larger profit margin on their games, it's up to the "Steams" to compete by lowering the percentage of money they keep for every sale and winning over game developers that way. Origin-like programs aren't the solution, but merely a complication that shouldn't be necessary for the customer to put up with.

Say what?

Counter-Strike and WON.

Edited by tkrow21

By nature, I like Steam more - if every company went down the line of EA and made their own 'Origin', I'd have way too many applications on my computer just to download my games, which is why I don't like the idea of Origin.

I am with you on this 100%

I dislike Origin only because I would need more programs, customer service hasn't even come into play here in fact I have liked service I have gotten from EA (not Origin) in the past.

Steam works with a huge selection of games and for the most part greatly simplifies my game library if I star needing things like Origin for every publisher I have games with my download manages would take up nearly as much room as my games which is unacceptable not to mention just how disorganised my games would become again.

I have spent plenty of money on sales when they occur just to slowly move my library entirely to Steam because it is convenient. i wish more developers could see steam as a good thing and not shy away from it. Valve may be able to help this along in their own way too if they offered better incentives for the companies. They a great on the customer but something should be done to try and stop other companies from stopping the smooth running of something that at times pisses me (regional pricing) but for the most part I like.

/ramble