ocz sata3 ssd's

dling

What is the difference between the Agility3 and the Vertex3 other then price ?

The other key difference is the agility 3 doesn't come with mounting hardware. So no screws, and no 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch adapter. The adapter, no one really needs, but no screws? You can tell that the agility 3s are really just thrown in a box and someone slapped a sticker on it and sent it off. The Vertex 3s are much nicer just in the build quality, package contents, and dependability aside from the types of memory chips.

I just received my OCZ Agility 3 SSD and I use it on my gaming PC. I ran a speed test (Crytal Diskmark) and it registered lower than my Kingston SSD, which tested 213\194\17\17. It is connected to an ASRock 870 Extreme 3 motherboard. I tried to set the motherboard to ACHI, but the disk will not boot in that mode (neither did my Kingston). Does anyone know of anything I can try to get my scores higher and get it set to ACHI mode?

Crystal Disk Mark uses completely incompressible data which will highlight the actual speed of the Flash under the controller. Real-world speeds will be between that and the rated speeds (nearly 500 MB/s for reading and writing).

I just received my OCZ Agility 3 SSD and I use it on my gaming PC. I ran a speed test (Crytal Diskmark) and it registered lower than my Kingston SSD, which tested 213\194\17\17. It is connected to an ASRock 870 Extreme 3 motherboard. I tried to set the motherboard to ACHI, but the disk will not boot in that mode (neither did my Kingston). Does anyone know of anything I can try to get my scores higher and get it set to ACHI mode?

It sounds like you are trying to change to ACHI mode on a already configured computer. If windows is already installed there is a Microsoft auto fix you have to run before it will let you change the drive mode to ACHI. I just so happen to have it sitting on my desktop as I just did this yesterday. It can be fixed manually as well if you Google it for instructions.

While I can't upload it here it is called " MicrosoftFixit50470 " It worked on my ASRock extr4 gen3 board.

p.s. before I applied the fix I got the same results as you.. no boot..

Edited by RockyJ

The other key difference is the agility 3 doesn't come with mounting hardware. So no screws, and no 2.5 inch to 3.5 inch adapter. The adapter, no one really needs, but no screws? You can tell that the agility 3s are really just thrown in a box and someone slapped a sticker on it and sent it off. The Vertex 3s are much nicer just in the build quality, package contents, and dependability aside from the types of memory chips.

Kind of funny but I installed a 120GB Agility3 just last week and I distinctly remember thinking as I took the drive out of its packaging how nicely and well packaged it was... I honestly do not remember if it had any screws, I had screws from somewhere for it though...

Maybe you received something that had been repackaged or something.

Kind of funny but I installed a 120GB Agility3 just last week and I distinctly remember thinking as I took the drive out of its packaging how nicely and well packaged it was... I honestly do not remember if it had any screws, I had screws from somewhere for it though...

Maybe you received something that had been repackaged or something.

It doesn't. According to me and linus from linus tech tips it comes with just the drive, some nice foam, and a wonderful little anti static gab. I remember opening it up and just being like where are the screws...................WHERE ARE THE . SCREWS???????????? Then I watched linus tech tips as he told me that the agility three doesn't come with screws. I stayed up all night just rocking myself in my bed waiting for the next day to return it for the vertex 3. Then take the screw package and go over to the OCZ head quarters and shove it up the CEO's a$$.

Seriously, why no screws?/????