Your i5 2500K Overclock

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is your 24/7, everyday use, overclock on your i5?

• 3.6 to 3.9
    • 4.0 to 4.2
    • 4.3 to 4.5
    • 4.6 to 5.0

You know overclocking to say how how you can reach is all cool and stuff but I think most of us realize that those numbers tend to not really be all that cool when we actually USE our computer. When you need a stable system for constant use we tend to be a bit more conservative with our overclocking and so I thought it would be a neat exercise to see what levels people are taking what is arguably one the most common overclocked chips to. BTW there is another purpose to this poll that will be revealed later. Remember this is about what the overclock you use daily and for all purposes is, not what level you could reach and then backed off from.

Fire away boys and girls!

My bro's computer at 4.9GHz with 1.48V's in BIOS, but 1.464V's - 1.472V's in CPU-Z. He says no problems yet at this setting for over a couple months. Of course, it's a watercooled 120.2 rad set-up.

post-70939-0-83297800-1327159767_thumb.png

My sis have 2500K which she run @4.7GHz with 1.41V almost 24/6. (not 24/7 :P )

Got my 4.5GHZ stable with 1.335V. It's air cooled as of right now, but hoping to get it WC'ed soon.

Only 1.335 Volt? You have got a great chip!

I just put a little system together with a 2500K and a P8P67M-Pro, just finished updating windows before I had to leave for work, I have it doing a burn-in at 4.2ghz (at around 1.27v). I'll probibly shoot for around 4.5ghz but will have to see how the heatsink I have on it holds up..

I run mine at 4.5 with 1.275v 24/7 on air but honestly havent gone any higher because this chip is already overkill for what I use it for(gaming and surfing).

Mybe some other day I'll see how high it can go.

I can run at 4.6GHz with 1.335v. Currently testing at 4.8GHz with 1.375v.

I was able to run 3DMark11 at 5.0GHZ with 1.440v, but only need that for benching.

Very easy chip to overclock it seems so far.

Should add that I'm water cooling cpu and gpu and 2500k doesn't go much over 70C with IBT or Prime95.

Edited by PopcornMachine