krizo96

4500mhz.png

First image. :)

Blend

Crap... I just realized I'm hijacking the thread.. :dunno: Or am I? :lol:

4500mhz2.png

fyeah.jpg

:biggrin::teehee:

31 minutes and 5 passes is rediculously NOT STABLE. Run prime95 for 3 hours plus if youi have power states enabled the voltage is throttled down when needed..

The voltage is Epic fail! The voltage shown is the CPU voltage throttling down when you ended prime95. Get it? By my calculations, I estimate 1.39 to 1.42 volts on the CPU. I am using 1.42V and getting 64 max temp with 22 ambients...

epicfail1.jpg

Edited by Drdeath

I have said it before drdeath you are pretty damn negative about things and very firm on things being "impossible" just because you aint getting the same results doesnt mean others cant.

Just cause CPUZ says 1.25V means nothing. Power states throttle the CPU down when the voltage is NOT needed but I guess you knew that? Not negative, it is impossible. CPUZ is showing the vdroop and throttled down voltage. Guys I have been doing this for ages and have multiple chips. Cannot be done with 1.25V in the bios. Plain and simple. The temps he shows are correct for about 1.4V. That is the reading I am getting with the Coolermaster 212+ EVO at a 4.6GHz unstable overclock so my apologies to TJ. The 2500K can obviously achieve this d=ue to no Hyperthreading. The 2600K cannot.

Edited by Drdeath

31 minutes and 5 passes is rediculously NOT STABLE. Run prime95 for 3 hours plus if youi have power states enabled the voltage is throttled down when needed..

The voltage is Epic fail! The voltage shown is the CPU voltage throttling down when you ended prime95. Get it? By my calculations, I estimate 1.39 to 1.42 volts on the CPU. I am using 1.42V and getting 64 max temp with 22 ambients...

epicfail1.jpg

Just cause CPUZ says 1.25V means nothing. Power states throttle the CPU down when the voltage is NOT needed but I guess you knew that? Not negative, it is impossible. CPUZ is showing the vdroop and throttled down voltage. Guys I have been doing this for ages and have multiple chips. Cannot be done with 1.25V in the bios. Plain and simple. The temps he shows are correct for about 1.4V. That is the reading I am getting with the Coolermaster 212+ EVO at a 4.6GHz unstable overclock so my apologies to TJ. The 2500K can obviously achieve this d=ue to no Hyperthreading. The 2600K cannot.

I have no idea what you're talking about... My vcore is set to 1.255 in the bios. At idle I get 1.254v in cpuz. When running linx/prime95 the voltage drops to ~1.236. What you see in the pime95 screenie is the voltage moving back to 1.254 FROM 1.236. In the linx screenie it shows the voltage at no load RIGHT after I stoppe dit and the voltage stabilized again..

Eveything in the BIOS for throttling/pstates/power saving is OFF. Unless the BIOS is doing it something I know nothing of these screenies are exactly what they look like. 4.5Ghz @ 1.255V 30min prime, 5 passes MAX linx.

I know it's not 3hrs of prime stable but you also said "not possible" 30min of prime is "perfectly possible" unless I have the best 2500k in the world..

soooo sceptical you are.. I have nothing to hide.. and I get no enjoyment from faking it..

I have no idea what you're talking about... My vcore is set to 1.255 in the bios. At idle I get 1.254v in cpuz. When running linx/prime95 the voltage drops to ~1.236. What you see in the pime95 screenie is the voltage moving back to 1.254 FROM 1.236. In the linx screenie it shows the voltage at no load RIGHT after I stoppe dit and the voltage stabilized again..

Eveything in the BIOS for throttling/pstates/power saving is OFF. Unless the BIOS is doing it something I know nothing of these screenies are exactly what they look like. 4.5Ghz @ 1.255V 30min prime, 5 passes MAX linx.

I know it's not 3hrs of prime stable but you also said "not possible" 30min of prime is "perfectly possible" unless I have the best 2500k in the world..

soooo sceptical you are.. I have nothing to hide.. and I get no enjoyment from faking it..

Great job!

Our loaded Vcore was 1.256V according to CPU-z, and peak temperatures was in the high fifties. All powersavings and stuff is on, the only things we messed with are multiplier and vcore (and unlocking his 6950s and overclocking them)

IT CAN BE DONE!

Wait we haven't asked for a pick of the 212+ yet.. :P:lol:

Grats :cheers: on the overclock LightningJR

I did some testing but used voltages that I used in Z68/2600K reviews. I am involved with a rather large review. Looks like No hyperthreading takes these 2500K's to much lower voltages...........along with much lower temps. When the chips got introduced, all my reviews went with the 2600K and left me blind with the 2500K. No need for pics, I am in agreeance here.

Well blow me down

Look who is wrong and who is right....again. Nah I am just giving you a hard time. You seriously need to stop thinking that you just set the standards for hard ware though. I can't believe you questioned stoner boy's intelligence again though. You better hope he doesn't become a moderator :P

Good job on your OC Lightning. I hope we can see the same screen shots out of the OP.

You can cool the i5 2500K's very well with a Hyper 212+ at 4.5GHz's - 4.6GHz since they don't need a lot of voltages to get there (and no hyperthreading). When you start getting to 4.8GHz to 5.0GHz, higher voltages are needed, and that's when the temps will start getting higher and you'd want something better than a Hyper 212+. Good job on the overclock!