Overclocking i5 2500k

krizo96

Thanks for comments, I'll get 212 EVO and got it up to 4.5 for now... if it will be nice and cool might try and go higher, but I doubt it...

Make sure you get good TIM too though. Noctua's NT-H1 is really good for a cool overclock :thumbsup:

Going to have to agree with TJ on this one. My 212+ could do 4.5 on my i7 with temps only in the low 60's 24 hours stable on prime95. And that's just the 212+. not the EVO. I would think that given the performance of the EVO, he should hit 4.5GHz easily.

It is not TJ max on the chip it is TCase. I am running a stress right now and it looks like 4.6Ghz is do able on a Hyper 212+

Max Tcase per Intel documemnts is 72.6 celcius. Running over 72.6 Celcius will make a short life for your processor and it has happenned with 2500K's and 2600K's.

Edited by Drdeath

Make sure you get good TIM too though. Noctua's NT-H1 is really good for a cool overclock :thumbsup:

Nothing wrong with the cm tim that comes with the 212 coolers. You are just tossing money away when buying new tim for a new cooler.

My friend has his 2500k @ 4.5GHz @ 1.256V @ 23C Ambient @ 50C Max @ OCCT Linpack @ CM Hyper 212+

so there should be no troubles whatsoever...

Edited by medbor

My friend has his 2500k @ 4.5GHz @ 1.256V @ 23C Ambient @ 50C Max @ OCCT Linpack @ CM Hyper 212+

so there should be no troubles whatsoever...

I am testing it as of yesterday withe the 212+. This is not correct. He ain't getting 4.5GHz with that voltage.

I am testing it as of yesterday withe the 212+. This is not correct. He ain't getting 4.5GHz with that voltage.

I have said it before drdeath you are pretty damn negative about things and very firm on things being "impossible" just because you aint getting the same results doesnt mean others cant.

Lol what if it's below zero weather outside and you left your windows open?

It's possible then but I was thinking about normal circumstances. With ambient temps at normal living conditions 18-22C. It's not possible.

I'm stressing blend prime now at 4.5Ghz 1.255. :) I'll do linx after.

Don't worry.. :teehee: You'll get screenies (if i'm successful, that is)