P10000 3D MARK11, OCed Budget X-79 $1500 build

4th3truth

5 physical speakers in each ear sounds like virtual surround would be at a disadvantage. But I understand sounds-cape and sound quality from 2 good speakers can allow for hearing more distant movements. $135 for Shure SRH840 are not that bad of a choice right?

When I am looking down a scope I want to hear the rear speakers play the sound of the guy sneaking behind me in close proximity. The speakers playing different audio also reduces mixing of the frequencies from different angles.

Example would be three hostiles moving in your 10, 4, and 7 o'clock but they are still at a distance of over 100 meters. All three are actively firing their weapons, you notice the sounds of each individual gun shot repetition and can determine the hostiles class maybe even weapon attachments. There are other scenarios but that was the one I thought of first.

BTW VERY INTERESTING BREAKDOWN.

7950 XFX Black Edition

Bang for buck the 6950s that are used and unlocked to 6970s for $200 ea, This would be awesome if micro-stuttering in alot of AAA games happens and Vsync and Fps limiter must be set to 59.95fps.

The speakers are still sitting right next to your ear so imo I don't see how 5.1 and 7.1 (physical set up) headphones have ever sold. you hear a sound from say behind and to the left then you would normally hear it in both ears although the right ear would hear less in headphones you will hear lots from the left and a little from the right but front rear wouldn't be easily denoted and moving a speaker forward or back in the cup by a few cm isn't really going to make a difference.

You need to virtualize the surround which you can do with the stereo headsets anyway (of better quality by far for the same prices) which will end up with the same surround effects. Spend money on good headphones that will not only still have surround that will perform like our 5.1/7.1 set but will sound better and make great cans for listening to music ect.

If you want proper surround play with surround speakers not a headset.

• Like 1

The speakers are still sitting right next to your ear so imo I don't see how 5.1 and 7.1 (physical set up) headphones have ever sold. you hear a sound from say behind and to the left then you would normally hear it in both ears although the right ear would hear less in headphones you will hear lots from the left and a little from the right but front rear wouldn't be easily denoted and moving a speaker forward or back in the cup by a few cm isn't really going to make a difference.

You need to virtualize the surround which you can do with the stereo headsets anyway (of better quality by far for the same prices) which will end up with the same surround effects. Spend money on good headphones that will not only still have surround that will perform like our 5.1/7.1 set but will sound better and make great cans for listening to music ect.

If you want proper surround play with surround speakers not a headset.

I already have a 5.1 system but I cannot turn up the volume or bass to a level I desire because I live in a apartment and the guy underneath likes to classy lady.

I tend to disagree with you on having the speakers centimeters from each other. I am almost certain that since the sub-woofer is in the middle the back speakers must be behind the earlobe which should allow for distortion and a better representation of rear channels but I would imagine not perfect.

If I am disatisffied with the product I might turn it in for a pair of Hi-fi cans and go with stereo but I want to stay away from virtual surround.

I seen OCCs review on the XFX and Sapphire cards 7950 uses 375w max load at 1150Mhz core. With the 3820 using about 300W, 700W would be pushed, the 760w OCZ would be pushing it or am I wrong that 60w would be enough for quad ram, ssd, optical, ect.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1668756

Kepler price rumors seems very questionable... especially if the performance is where the rumors say...

Edit:

Surround head sets actually work fine! Its all about the angle, not distance, and the fact that only one ear will hear the sounds actually enhances the surround experience. If going stereo either you need very cool mixers which cheat your ears into thinking they got no ear phones, or very cool speakers that angle the sound waves, so a quite tricky ordeal...

Edited by medbor

New information update, CHALLENGER-U3 , USB 3.0 Front ports , $50, MAX PCI-E LENGTH IS ~11.4" (inches) or ~29 centimeters. I think that even that Gigabyte card with 3x120mm fans can fit in it.

My GF keeps switching this old hp mouse optical out because the left mouse button on my Lazer is crap worn out POS China garbage. And my old Microsoft intellipoint has slightly the same issue but not as bad.

$ 46 Razer Deathadder Infrared Gaming Mouse (RZ01-00151400-R3) Has 1ms response, good dpi, quality build. Only missing sniping button that Corsair m60 has or Ratz7. Probably just make things more confusing anyways anyone have DPI instant lowering button or can it be programmed into the deathadder?

Keyboard RZ03-00260100-R3U1 Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard- Silver $40, Basically look up Lycosa without back-lighting, has the anti-ghosting around WSAD give about a 7 button anti ghosting. Has 1ms response, has macro capabillity, media buttons.

$9 SteelSeries QcK Mini Mouse Pad, 63005, wrist pad built in and smaller form factor I usually play with a high mouse sensitivity.

All the parts are paid and being shipped minus the headset because it is not out still...

Changed mouse pad to the HD4 SteelSeries, $18 , is plastic with low friction and high precision.

Within a month I will have benchmark screen shots and Youtube videos posted.

I am glad it annoys you what would you rather prefer.

Received SSD, batts.+charger, Monitor, and case today only 2 days after ordering with free shipping, 4-9 days was expected but Amazon and others are quicker then I anticipated.

So far I only had about 5mins to play with this monitor haven't checked for dead pixels yet or anything. I will update later today on what I think about the visual performance and if I get a headache with its post 2d to 3d up-conversion.

I am glad it annoys you what would you rather prefer.

How about just $1500 build? You could build a $500 system and it would be faster than the supposed Xbox 720 which is rumored to only have a HD 6670 in it.

You know that your $1500 build will be outdated by this fall anyhow, right? No custom PC lasts for 8-10 years without sufficient upgrades.