Corsair AX1200 (Gold) or Seasonic Platinum 1000W

I'm sure there's no going wrong with either.

Always been a big Corsair fan. Both score 9.8 with OklahomaWolf at jonnyguru. The Seasonic is the more recent review. The Seasonic is $40 less expensive, but it's currently out of stock @ NC|IX where I will be buying.

The wattage is not excessive, and I've never regretted money spent on psu. I was leaning towards the Seasonic. No real rush, but who needs to wait for an extra 4 - 8 business days? Usually...

Be patient, or go with Corsair?

:popcorn:

Thanks.

Before I offer my brief advice, would this be used for your current profile machine??

You say the wattage is not excessive but why spend the money over a lower gold/platinum standard unit that can serve the same purpose but with a lower initial cost

Thanks for the replies, Krieg1337, & IVIYTHOS

Before I offer my brief advice, would this be used for your current profile machine??

You say the wattage is not excessive but why spend the money over a lower gold/platinum standard unit that can serve the same purpose but with a lower initial cost

I think either would be excessive for my current profile machine.

It's a new build. Nothing exotic, but sli & oc's will be part of the mix. It's not really a cost/excess question. I would expect either unit to perform well. Just on the fence, and thought I would query the forum for preferences. Just an opinion question. Thermaltake calculator says 850 to 950 watts, depending how hard I hit it. I know the calculator (excuse my tinfoil hat) might just estimate to the high side. But I wouldn't mind the headroom, and not having to replace the psu with the very next upgrade would be nice.

Initial cost is not important.

EDIT: And thanks too Tj266_Angel!

Edited by saul good

Isn't the trend in components to using less power? So I wouldn't be worried with future upgrades requiring more than you currently have, as most new CPUs/GPUs are becoming more efficient with each generation.

Also, Corsair's AX models are re-branded Seasonics, are they not? Perhaps not for the AX1200, but I believe the AX750/850/1000 are.

I would say go with whichever one is cheaper and has a longer/better warranty. They will both work fine, obviously. And nothing short of a quad-fire rig will cause them to break a sweat.

Isn't the trend in components to using less power? So I wouldn't be worried with future upgrades requiring more than you currently have, as most new CPUs/GPUs are becoming more efficient with each generation.

Also, Corsair's AX models are re-branded Seasonics, are they not? Perhaps not for the AX1200, but I believe the AX750/850/1000 are.

I would say go with whichever one is cheaper and has a longer/better warranty. They will both work fine, obviously. And nothing short of a quad-fire rig will cause them to break a sweat.

I thought it a Flextronics design, and both have a seven year warranty. The Seasonic is $40 cheaper/ Historically; the Corsair gives me a chubby excites me. :woot:

Thank you LuckyDeath, Muchoman1, MJCRO & boinker! Looks like the Corsair is the frontrunner.

I am running the AX1200 with my rig and can say I could not be happier with a power supply. I do come from the old days of PC Power and Cooling and would compare the quality of this Corsair to those.