Which GTX 550 Ti Should I Get?

momosmokey

The feeling is mutual, trust me. I only had this build put together just shy of a year though and the idea of upgrading my PSU is somewhat frustrating. Mind you I'm not going to be getting my AMD HD7950 until it drops in price and the new custom HD7950's start releasing. By the time I actually buy the card it could be well into 2012 probably past 2013. I feel I will probably just shell out a good $80-120 for a new 750w-850w PSU.

Would 750w be sufficient you think?

yeah 750 watt will be sufficient. and by the time its 2013 the 8950s will probably be out lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright I'm really liking the look of this GTX 560: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121446

It's more than I was willing to spend before, but I'm realizing that I'm not going to be getting my AMD HD7950 for another year or two. With that I can justify the price.

I can't get it yet so I don't care too much that it's out of stock now, I just hope they can actually get more into stock when I'm looking to buy.

I'll need to save my money for another month or so, maybe a little less. It sucks being a 16 year old boy who can't rely on a constant flow of cash. :(

@Muchoman1

Too right, except at least the HD7950's actually had a major upgrade from the 6950; that being the die shrink down to 28nm, but who knows, AMD and Nvidia always have something new up their sleeves.

Edited by xxmastermushxx

Bump.

Both the ASUS GTX560 and MSI GTX560 have come into stock. Which one do you guys' think is better?

ASUS: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814121446

MSI: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814127592

*Edit: I Don't care about the price difference. I'm leaning towards the ASUS, I've heard they have great customer support and there products are of very high quality.

Edited by xxmastermushxx

I'll have to disagree for once Speed, MSI can overclock better than ASUS most times. I'm a fan of both. ;)

LMAO, 2 guys who spend way to much time and money getting 2 different results ;) So I can only go on my own experience. But, my ASUS 5870 OCed higher than my MSi 5870; I have never seen another air cooled GTX 460 on the net that OCed higher than the ASUS GTX 460 I had; and neither of the MSi 6970's I had OCed as well as the ASUS 6970's I have. But, MSi is such a close 2nd IMO, you can't go wrong with either choice :thumbsup:

LMAO, 2 guys who spend way to much time and money getting 2 different results ;) So I can only go on my own experience. But, my ASUS 5870 OCed higher than my MSi 5870; I have never seen another air cooled GTX 460 on the net that OCed higher than the ASUS GTX 460 I had; and neither of the MSi 6970's I had OCed as well as the ASUS 6970's I have. But, MSi is such a close 2nd IMO, you can't go wrong with either choice :thumbsup:

I blame your motherboard giving it the family edge :P

My MSI GTX 460 1GB overclocked higher than any of the ASUS, EVGA, and PNY ones I had... But not higher than yours by 30 MHz, if I remember correctly, lol. But for GTX 580's, the Zotac beat out the MSI and EVGA... mind, these are all reference versions. The HD 6970 the MSI overclocked higher than the ASUS.

The ASUS card is definitely getting more attention on the web than the MSI equivalent; I think my minds made up. If only I had the money now! :(

A couple more weeks and I should have sufficient funds, assuming my plans unfold as expected.

Do I have to use ASUS's OC'ing software or can I just use MSI afterburner? Or what would you guys' recommend?

*Edit: Do you all suppose I might be able to hit 1Ghz core clock on this card (ASUS)? I have the Antec 300 illusion case which has pretty good airflow. And I replaced its 140mm top fan with an Aerocool 140mm shark.

Oh, and thanks for all the feedback, much obliged! :)

Edited by xxmastermushxx