Which GTX 550 Ti Should I Get?

momosmokey

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ASUS card is definitely getting more attention on the web than the MSI equivalent; I think my minds made up. If only I had the money now! :(

A couple more weeks and I should have sufficient funds, assuming my plans unfold as expected.

Do I have to use ASUS's OC'ing software or can I just use MSI afterburner? Or what would you guys' recommend?

*Edit: Do you all suppose I might be able to hit 1Ghz core clock on this card (ASUS)? I have the Antec 300 illusion case which has pretty good airflow. And I replaced its 140mm top fan with an Aerocool 140mm shark.

Oh, and thanks for all the feedback, much obliged! :)

Yes 1ghz core should be fairly easy, you can use afterburner and I would recommend it over the software that comes with.

Yes 1ghz core should be fairly easy, you can use afterburner and I would recommend it over the software that comes with.

Sounds good, thanks.

@IVIYTH0S

What do you mean? It should all be in the previous pages, there's only 3.

I'm planning on getting the GTX 560 "rebranded 460's" (if that's what you mean) because they're better than the GTX 550 ti and only about $30-$40 more.

Sounds good, thanks.

@IVIYTH0S

What do you mean? It should all be in the previous pages, there's only 3.

I'm planning on getting the GTX 560 "rebranded 460's" (if that's what you mean) because they're better than the GTX 550 ti and only about $30-$40 more.

Why not just get a 460 1GB and overclock it yourself for cheaper, they're the same card :P

The 560 is essentially to the 460 1GB what the 4890 was to the 4870, except that I've never seen a 460 that doesn't overclock great

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Why not just get a 460 1GB and overclock it yourself for cheaper, they're the same card :P

The 560 is essentially to the 460 1GB what the 4890 was to the 4870, except that I've never seen a 460 that doesn't overclock great

Less selection from the GTX 460's and because the GTX 560's are newer and the price difference would be $10-$20; a price difference I'm not worried about. Also, I just like the looks of the GTX 560's more.

Sorry to go off topic, but this is for Speedway.

I just got my MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk I bought for $144.99 at Newegg Open Box. I just have to show off.

Out of four ASUS GTX 560 Ti TOP cards, the highest overclock was at 990MHz at 1150mV's:

post-70939-0-63519800-1322787171_thumb.png

The only MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk card gets 990MHz at 1050mV's:

post-70939-0-29602000-1322787259_thumb.png

It maxes out at 1000MHz at 1150mV's, though. If I put the GPU on water and voltage unlock it, I think it might be able to handle 1050MHz stable. Maybe a longshot, but I find it difficult to let this one go.

post-70939-0-59582600-1322787343_thumb.png

Oddly, the MSI GTX 560 Ti Hawk seems to like it better with the factory overclock on Memory, whilst the ASUS TOP cards seemed to like it better at the default Memory clock (as opposed to it's factory overclock). :dunno:

I don't care if you go of topic Capitan; this thread is done, unless anyone has more to add. I'm set on getting the ASUS GTX 560.

Nice overclocks though Capitan. Should the GTX 560's overclock 'bout the same or more?