Thermaltake armor case mod build log

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you file the holes to make them smooth and lightly roughen the existing paint with very fine sandpaper before repainting it. Also, they make rubber gaskets to finish off the holes you dremmeled.

Thanks but this isn't my first time around modding or tools lol. everything is going to look professional I'm not one to just throw something together lol. but here is a small update I've been hunting so most of my time as been at my job and hunting. this week,

done cutting and smoothing my holes out

2011-12-01154943.jpg

sand down with 800grit

2011-12-01163248.jpg

first coat of primer I will be going over this with 800grit or 1000 I have a test piece that I'm working on right now to see what gives the best finish.

2011-12-01180938.jpg

I've also decided to turn my hard drive cage around inside the case to hide the wires better. this picture is with the cage in correctly.

2011-11-29132225.jpg

but to do so I'll have to drill and tap new holes. I will also be mounting a 120mm slim fan (half inch thick) to the front with a grill cover. so the hard drive cage as to be offset just a little over half a inch to make everything flush.

2011-11-29132203.jpg

more to come later.

Edited by capthowdy575

yes everything is getting painted also the holes for cables will be covered with tubing and neoprene to give it a nicer look.

Make sure you file the holes to make them smooth and lightly roughen the existing paint with very fine sandpaper before repainting it. Also, they make rubber gaskets to finish off the holes you dremmeled.

reading is are friend. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

slight update just ordered some new parts for the build and mod

ram

cpu

mobo its only 169.99 if I buy a i5 2500k not bad

haven't made my mind up on what cpu cooler I want through? still thinking about watercooling.

I should be working on the case this weekend if everything goes to plan.

Edited by capthowdy575

reading is are friend. :doh:

Looks practical so far, I can't wait to see it all done. Are you going to paint it?

looking good man, are you going to try put rubber around the cable management holes?

I've already answered these question. picked up some new parts tonight from microcenter not bad only a totally of 319.52 for

this cpu

2011-12-17025955.jpg

and this mobo also yes I know its a p8p67 yes I know z68 is out no I don't want to use ssd cache and the other software I'm sinking money into other projects right now also.

2011-12-17025936.jpg

I'm oredering the ram off of newegg right now I'm waiting for the next gen of GPU's to drop so how they size up with the current tech. more to come later.

Edited by capthowdy575