6850 Outdated?

hi guys,

i just want a simple answer on wheter or not my system can play BF3 as i will be recieving it next week,

AMD phenom II X4 955

gigabyte 6850

4gb ram

1280x1024 Res

what settings?

THANK YOU SOO MUCH

i am sure you will be able to BF3 with that machine at that resolution probably at medium settings for a smooth run.

any OC on your system?

no oc, do you reckon i could even go to high?, i cant run crysis 2 on the max but i can play it on extreme with the DX11 + High Res Texture pack

Just install it and play it, if it stutters turn off some graphics options and try again until you get smooth gameplay.

Honestly if a game is good then medium graphics or INSANE graphics shouldn't matter.

In my opinion for instance Skyrim on my machine at my current settings doesn't look all that much better than Oblivion and still I have about 45 hours of gam

eplay into it.

Just have fun.

hi guys,

i just want a simple answer on wheter or not my system can play BF3 as i will be recieving it next week,

AMD phenom II X4 955

gigabyte 6850

4gb ram

1280x1024 Res

what settings?

THANK YOU SOO MUCH

At that res... i think you should be able to play Ultra with no problem.

My friend plays BF3 on high with a 6870 @ 1920x1080. No complaints from him.

This is kinda of a silly question. There is no new card out that replaced the 6850 yet. Why would you think it's outdated?

It's like saying the Iphone 4S is outdated, when there is no new model out yet so how can it?

This is kinda of a silly question. There is no new card out that replaced the 6850 yet. Why would you think it's outdated?

It's like saying the Iphone 4S is outdated, when there is no new model out yet so how can it?

6950? 6970? They may not be direct replacements, but they are certainly newer models.

6950? 6970? They may not be direct replacements, but they are certainly newer models.

Those are just higher end models, they weren't made to replace the 6850.

Look at nivdia, the 560Ti is great, but that doesn't mean it's outdated because there is a 570 and 580.