2 More Ebay Toilet Dwellers

Rokkaholik

I seem to be getting ambushed by complete .tards as of late. What does eBay do to further this problem? PROTECT THEM AT ALL COSTS!

First, I had a desktop PC that was nothing more than a parts pile. I took off what I could and sold what I didn't need. One of the pieces was a metal side panel for a newer style Dell Optiplex. I put it up on ebay and ended up with question after question from a guy. He wanted more than what I had and I kept telling him I only had the ONE panel. He ended up winning it. My auctions are usually 10 days and end on Sunday appx 5-6pm on Sunday. He enters the only bid and then wins. I sent him the Invoice which ALWAYS says (just like my auctions) "Please be sure to have a CONFIRMED PayPal Address and Payment must be made within 3 days of auction end via PayPal"

Monday I get nothing. Tuesday I get yet another request for more panels, which I already told him I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE. Wednesday, He claims his debit card wasn't working that morning and he'll message me that night. I got nothing that night and all day Thursday, so I did an Item Not Paid For claim. He finally paid Friday afternoon.

4 days later, I get this

this side panel is not the 1 in the picture, this one is utterly ruined. black spots all around edges. if not reolved ebay will allow a case and i can provide pictures. refund the $ and shipping cost and ill mail it back to you, or something of that nature

ty - chris r.

Thats odd, because as I told him, I only had the ONE side panel and I take pics of the exact item thats being sold

My reply

That side panel is the only one I had and it's exactly the one in the picture. It was well packed with bubblewrap as well.

He sends back this

ill just open case.. per ebay rules i must contact you with issue and request. your choice to deny that i am lying, after that ebay can decide. im sure my pictures with your packaging will definitely be all i need for a refund and price to return

after that feedback will reflect my 15$ experience - OWOW

regards,

chris raymond

My reply

Send me the pics

He proceeds to send me 2 emails. One stating he'll be sending pics and then a second e-mail that cannot be opened no matter what I try. I respond to the first one and told him, but never got a second e-mail back with pics.

following message sent via email provided by seller before case and feedback is left/opened

sent pictures as seller requested i am asking for refund and $ to ship back the junk side panel i was sent!!!!!

HERE IS MESSAGE BELOW WITH

i am sending as favor - my patience for 15$ is passed

i have refrained from a case and feedback reflecting poor salesmanship!!!!

let's see what this does for me, I'll add until weekends end to escalate to ebay

regards, gotproof100

SECOND EMAIL SENT WITH PICTURES IS AS FOLLOWS

case and feedback left after no contact or conditions met on monday close of busniness

best regards, chris raymond

ps - i sell too which is why i am showing patience :)

ty for your time

My reply

I got 2 e-mails from you, 1 of which I cannot open. I have seen no pics. The pics you saw in the auction were of the EXACT item that was shipped to you because it was the only one I had. I take REAL pictures of the REAL item that is being sold; always have and always will. I NEVER use stock photos for a reason. The panel I sent you was completely wrapped in bubble wrap inside a box and was in very good condition when it left here. The description of the item you supposedly recieved from me does not match the side panel that I sent to you. Are you trying to pull the old switch-a-roo? As the auction states, it was a USED item so there may be a mark here ir there, but nothing that effects it's use. The auction also says NO RETURNS in case you didn't notice. I've already spoken with eBay regarding this issue. Go ahead and open your case, but you won't be getting any refund from me. Besides, who refunds money before they get their item back anyway?

Then he NEG's me and opens a case

EHH ILL EAT THE $$$ case open feedback left

take care and god bless

Thats nice,... Try to pull a scam and top it off with "God Bless"?

The Case (his SHIFT key must be broken)

"***NOTE TO ABOVE**** THE QUESTION ASKING "Did the seller try to help you with your problems, or are you currently trying to work it out with the seller? (You can enter details in the box below.)" -- ITS YES WE TRIED WORKING IT OUT VIA EBAY AND EMAIL -- NO TO A RESOLUTION OR ANYTHING OFFERED PICTURES WERE PROVIDED :( ---I KNOW THE RULES AS IF FALL UPDATE, MEANING I CONTACTED SELLER 1ST OVER 5X BEFORE CASE WAS OPENED AND GAVE AMPLE WARNING AS TO WHAT I MUST DO IF NO AGREEMENT IS MET I HAVE SENT PICTURES AS REQUESTED BY SELLER VIA EMAIL - CLEARLY NOT SHOWING THE ITEM WAS WHAT WAS IN PICTURE - I TRIED TO AVOID A SELLER GETTING BAD FEEDBACK OR A CASE OVER 20 BUX, BUT IT IS THE SELLER'S LACK OF RESPECT, OR EVEN A SIMPLE I APOLOGIZE WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP.. I AM A SELLER WHO ALWAYS!!! APPEASES CUSTOMERS TO AVOID BAD FEEDBACK REGARDLESS OF $$ LOST BC MY REPUTATION IS PRICELESS AND $$ CAN NOT BUY THAT. ONLY HONESTY AND INTEGRITY. THIS WAS NOT SHOWN. I CONTACTED SELLER NUMEROUS TIMES BOTH EBAY AND HOTMAIL-- I PROVIDED ALL HOTMAIL MESSAGES IN EBAY MESSAGES FOR PROOF PICTURES CAN AND WILL!!! BE PROVIDED TO EBAY ALSO!!! THIS SELLER NEEDS A WAKE UP CALL -- CUSTOMERS WHO ARE TRYING TO BE PATIENT AND HELP YOU HELP ME ARE DEFINITELY THE ONES WHO CARE. SAD WHEN THE CUSTOMER CARES MORE TO HELP THAN THE SELLER - AND THE SELLER BEING THE 1 WHO'S CLEARLY!!! IN THE WRONG - TY FOR READING MY STATEMENT - REFUND PLUS $$ TO SHIP BACK TO SELLER "

My response

"Buyer claims that item pictured is not what he recieved. I know for a FACT that it's the item I sent because I take clear pics of every item I sell individually. It's also the ONLY side panel I've ever sold on ebay, so it was the only one I had to take pics of or send. The description the buyer gave of the panel he recieved does NOT match the one I sent at all. I believe he's trying to pull a switch-a-roo with a damaged panel he already has. He claims to have sent pictures of the damaged panel to me but I cannot open the e-mail from him so I have not seen the supposed pictures. Buyer also demanded a refund FIRST before sending back the panel, which I would never agree to anyway. The pictures clearly show a very good condition panel and my auction stated it was pictures of the exact item being bid on and the auction was also listed as NO RETURNS ACCEPTED. I refuse to be scammed out of money or the item I sent."

His reply

"ill resend the pics 5 x from 5 emails after that say they werent sent and your the switch a roo liar!!!! STOP PLAYING GAMES - ADMIT YOUR MISTAKE BEFORE IT GET'S ESCALATED AND THE NEG. FEEDBACK CANT BE CONTESTED AGAIN IDC ABOUT THE $$$ JUS SEND A PANEL LOOKING LIKE YOUR PICTURE OR REFUND THE MONEY!!!!!!"

My response

"The panel in the auction pic is the one that I sent you. I have no more panels. That was the ONE AND ONLY panel I had. The pictures are very clear and show the panel in VERY good shape. Item was sold USED, AS-IS and With No Returns Accepted. What you see in the picture is what you were sent. I still have not seen pictures of the supposed "bad" panel I sent you. In any case, there will not be an exchange, because I do not have any more, and there'll be no refund because you were sent a nice clean perfectly working panel to begin with. "

His reply

"i tried"

My response

"And I have yet to see any pics. I am looking forward to comparing the pics you claim to have with the Hi-Res pics I still have of the panel I sent you. I also believe that the only reason you are trying to open a case is in retalliation because I had to open a Unpaid Item case on you after your excuses that your debit card wasn't working."

I still got ZERO pics of the supposed damaged panel, probably because he realized that the panel I sent had very disguishing light scratches that he couldn't duplicate on his "bad" panel that I believe he was trying to switch out.

His reply

"ive sent 2 email --- my email and laptop send pics everyday to 10's of people. BY MAGIC NEITHER OF MINE WENT THROUGH ... DONE WITH UR GAMES EBAY WILL SEE PICTURES THEY DONT PLAY GAMES LIKE YOU IM DONE AND WILL BE ESCALATING -- FEEDBACK STANDS AS IS!! TAKE CARE IN YOUR FUTURE EBAY ENDEAVORS

The case was escalated and eBay found in my favor so I wasn't out any money, but they still gave him a refund... This is why buyers pull this .. They know damn well that they can have their cake and eat it too...

This next guy, uses Buy It Now on one of my PC auctions on Friday night: Ended: Oct 07, 2011 20:07:38 PDT

I was out of town that night and didn't know about this until Saturday morning about 11am. The post office was closed and we had to leave for a Family Reunion and a wedding out of town later that night.

I had to work on Monday, so the PC didn't ship out until Tuesday morning and the buyer knew this

I got this message tonight

where is my computer I cant believe it takes this long to get it your ebay score on shipping feedback will be terrible

WTF?!?!? Does he expect a PC to morph into his mailbox in 3 days? He paid for Parcel Post shipping from Minnesota to North Carolina.

My response

You used Buy It Now on Friday Oct 7th. I was out of town until that Sunday night and had to work on Monday. It shipped Tuesday Oct 11th which was only 3 days ago. Check the tracking.

Tracking number

Acceptance, 2011-10-11, 08:44:00, RED WING, MN, 55066

Processed through Sort Facility, 2011-10-12, 22:09:00, DES MOINES, IA, 50395

My ebay auctions seem to be a magnet for scammers, idiots, impatient pricks and other scum sucking toilet dwellers...

I use Ebay a lot and let me tell you some simple ways to avoid problems selling.

Never ship internationally

Block ebayers who have left negatives and neutrals

Have very strict buyer requirements

cancel bids of buyers who have poor/left negative feedback

block buyers who you have had problems with

block buyers who seem to ask strange questions (like in your first example)

eBay is a mess and this what it takes to protect yourself as a seller now. I hate it, but ebay works, a lot better then amazon and craigslist for me.

Edited by Black6464

I have over 1600 transactions and have a good set of buyer requirements set up as well as a strict return policy, but ebay will overrule anything a seller has set up. In fact, as it is now, every time I post an auction, I get a little yellow warning box before it goes up that tells me that I cannot say things like "If_____________, DO NOT BID!" because it promotes a negative experience or something stupid like that. And Sadly, you can't stop crappy buyers from the Buy It Now's or the last second bids.

When I was talking to the eBay rep about that case panel issue, she did mention that they have been working on some new feedback system so please be patient. I tried to pry a little, but she couldn't disclose anything. She just stuck with "please be patient"..

I'm VERY curious as to what that entails. I hope they give the sellers back the NEG's because that would level the playing field and sellers could warn other sellers about crapass buyers

I have over 1600 transactions and have a good set of buyer requirements set up as well as a strict return policy, but ebay will overrule anything a seller has set up. In fact, as it is now, every time I post an auction, I get a little yellow warning box before it goes up that tells me that I cannot say things like "If_____________, DO NOT BID!" because it promotes a negative experience or something stupid like that. And Sadly, you can't stop crappy buyers from the Buy It Now's or the last second bids.

When I was talking to the eBay rep about that case panel issue, she did mention that they have been working on some new feedback system so please be patient. I tried to pry a little, but she couldn't disclose anything. She just stuck with "please be patient"..

I'm VERY curious as to what that entails. I hope they give the sellers back the NEG's because that would level the playing field and sellers could warn other sellers about crapass buyers

It's sad to say, but this is why I personally only use tech forums or just recycle with Gazelle or even Best Buy.

On tech forums, people build up rep, and have more of a tech savvy mentality, Fewer scammers and tards. Plus you can competitively price your goods and sell them quickly to a respectable member.

As for Gazelle / Best Buy.. you lose money / possible gains... lots of it, but it saves time dealing with those CL / FleaBay tards. It's worth it in my books.

Path of least resistance, it's worked with me for years and I'm sticking to it :P

FWIW, you can always call paypal, tell them your dispute information, and calmly explain your case, usually it's a guaranteed win in your books. Had to do it twice, called both times, defended my selling position twice. Honestly too, I wasn't scamming. When you sell something one way and they mysteriously took over 2 weeks to open the box to mysteriously find a totally random part, yeah scam. Call paypal, problem solved.

i run my own store and i would of stopped talking to him after

i have refrained from a case and feedback reflecting poor salesmanship!!!!

let's see what this does for me, I'll add until weekends end to escalate to ebay

i'd show him poor salesmenship, *spam filter*

i don't work with predicaments, you don't like me or my service? goto best buy and get raped.

wanted a new part with warranty, then you shouldn't of been on ebay

After working at an eBay consignment shop I have learned some valuable information on how eBay works these days....

Ebay doesn't really care that much about the seller, we constantly had to issue refunds because of those few dishonest people who lied or didn't know what they were getting into.

Since our consignment shop did over $1m a year in sales worldwide, the risk of even one negative feedback is unacceptable. Foreigners are less likely to purchase from someone with low feedbaack.....

eBay really only cares about the customer and not the seller it has been this way for quite awhile...

I only touch eBay if something I want to buy is only available there or I have a particularly high value item that hasn't sold anywhere else.

Both ways can be hairy. Luckily I haven't had any issues when selling, but, I did have one guy tell me that rats chewed through all the wiring and pissed all over the insides of a Pioneer tuner and amplifier I had purchased because I wouldn't leave him feedback so he could have his funds until after I had received the items. Both of them arrived, sans rat piss, packaged well and in excellent physical and working conditions, and are still running strong.