ebay..

nVidia_Freak

So I bought a pair of items off of a guy with 100% feedback so far; only 20, but he'd been around for a few years and the feedback was evenly spread and there was nothing bad said about him.

He tells me to give him positive feedback right away because apparently ebay/paypal will randomly select a transaction to hold funds on until feedback is given.

I not being a seller, this sounded fishy and I let him know that I give feedback only after I've received the items and made sure they're in working order. Easy enough right? Well, now I get this...

th_1.png

:blink:

The package is due to arrive tomorrow, so I suppose I'll see just what's up then...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW what a jerk.

I would contact Ebay nonetheless to inform that on how he is being. Send a copy to Paypal as well. Keep us posted on what happens when the stuff arrives

Was this sent through the ebay message system? If so, then contact ebay and let them know what's happening. My brother just dealt with this funds/feedback thing recently. He's new to selling, so PayPal holds the money until positive feedback is recieved. This seller wants the money NOW, so he's demanding the feedback. Do NOT give him feedback until you get your items and in good condition. Ask ebay where you can forward the e-mail he sent you so they can read it themselves. This is harrassment, pure and simple

Call ebay: 1-800-701-3229

What's the sellers ebay name?

Edited by Rokkaholik

Was this sent through the ebay message system? If so, then contact ebay and let them know what's happening. My brother just dealt with this funds/feedback thing recently. He's new to selling, so PayPal holds the money until positive feedback is received. He wants it NOW, so he's demanding the feedback. Do NOT give him feedback until you get your items and in good condition. Ask ebay where you can forward the e-mail he sent you so they can read it themselves.

What's the sellers ebay name?

I have ebay send me an email whenever I get a response from a member, and I had assumed that what I read was the ebay message. What you've seen and I saw was an independent email.

Here's what I've got in my ebay inbox..

th_2.png

To clarify the 'offended' bit, the previous message he sent, I got the impression that he wanted me to give him the feedback now so he could get his fund because he thought I might run with the items and leave the funds 'blocked.' In that way, I meant 'offended' as in 'I'm taken aback.'

So I sent this reply:

Chesley, that's not how it works. Whether or not you need your funds immediately, I and anyone else that knows that there are jerks out there, don't give feedback until the item arrives and it's been checked.

And to clarify, when I said 'offended' I didn't mean 'boo hoo waa waa,' I mean 'I'm taken aback.'

You've been selling for near seven years now, albeit you only do a few transactions a year, you've sold enough and been around long enough to see the changes ebay has made and to understand what does and can go on when you sell items.

I haven't been rude to you, but, you haven't been so nice to me. Your outside of ebay email you sent me doesn't make me too willing to give you positive feedback at all regardless if the item arrives in the stated condition. If it's all good, I'll leave you neutral feedback, or, if there are remains of a mouse 'commune' and chewed up wires as you put it, I'll leave you negative feedback and open a dispute. I hope that's not the case, and, I don't want to be a 'jackA', but, if that is the case, then so be it.

:huh:

I'll leave the guy's name here tomorrow regardless of the condition so you can be wary of him. His first name is a good clue tho'.

Edited by nVidia_Freak

Wow. That guy needs to be banned from ebay.

It reminds me of a saying, "Your failure to plan is not my emergency". Feedback before seeing the item? On what planet?

Holy sh.t the response! :lol:

th_4.png

th_3.png

Jesus, I'm leaning toward not leaving the SOB feedback at all! :lol: Ffs, it's a very valid question to ask how items are going to be packed, especially if they're fragile objects.

I'm wondering if there's something going on with this guy's account, here's the first message I got from him before I made the purchase.

th_5.png

But yes, I'll get in touch with ebay about this character.

Edited by nVidia_Freak

What a douche nozzle. If it were me i'd leave negative feedback even if I got my items in the condition listed. His funds were frozen boo .ing hoo. He should be complaining to Ebay, not you.