"BATTLEFIELD 3" PC Case Mod...Video Posted Today!

Hey, would you mind PMing me? I have been trying to figure out how to make that motherboard armor. I am a total mod noob, and I need some direction of where to buy the material and such. Can you help me?

Buy an asus sabertooth.

That is it's thermal armor, mnpctech just painted it camo.

Don't bother trying to make that sort of thing it would be an insane amount of work and it would likely damage your mobo by overheating it.

This thermal armor from asus is designed to aid motherboard cooling while simultaneously preventing hot items like GPU and CPU venting hot air all over it.

Hey, would you mind PMing me? I have been trying to figure out how to make that motherboard armor. I am a total mod noob, and I need some direction of where to buy the material and such. Can you help me?

I would use a C&C machine to cut and measure everything out.

I would use a C&C machine to cut and measure everything out.

See, that is where I keep running into issues. I don't have a C&C machine. I don't want to buy a Sabertooth board because I really just want to practice on my Asus premium motherboard since I will be selling it off at an auction in a few days so that I will be ready for some serious modding when I do my Ivy bridge PC. I know I have seen people make motherboard armors or shells before with some nice carbon fiber over the top to hide that weird light blue color that too asus keeps using. But I have never been able to get an answer as to what the material is, where to buy it, or otherwise. I don't really think I would need a C&C machine since I have other tools that could do the same job with a steady enough hand. I don't mean to post these questions in the wrong place, I was just hopping to get a quick answer. Any help or advice including telling me I should start a new thread would be appreciated.

As a couple of people have said that is a part put on the board by ASUS.

Damn fine work there. I'll have to make it to the Fractal booth!

See, that is where I keep running into issues. I don't have a C&C machine. I don't want to buy a Sabertooth board because I really just want to practice on my Asus premium motherboard since I will be selling it off at an auction in a few days so that I will be ready for some serious modding when I do my Ivy bridge PC. I know I have seen people make motherboard armors or shells before with some nice carbon fiber over the top to hide that weird light blue color that too asus keeps using. But I have never been able to get an answer as to what the material is, where to buy it, or otherwise. I don't really think I would need a C&C machine since I have other tools that could do the same job with a steady enough hand. I don't mean to post these questions in the wrong place, I was just hopping to get a quick answer. Any help or advice including telling me I should start a new thread would be appreciated.

Wasn't this enough of an answer TJ?

Buy an asus sabertooth.

That is it's thermal armor, mnpctech just painted it camo.

Don't bother trying to make that sort of thing it would be an insane amount of work and it would likely damage your mobo by overheating it.

This thermal armor from asus is designed to aid motherboard cooling while simultaneously preventing hot items like GPU and CPU venting hot air all over it.

Thanks guys! Agree, dont waste yr time and money trying to recreate or re-engineer the sabertooth tuf shielf. works great "as is"

@ccokeman, please drop by and introduce yourself. I will be handing out posters of the firefly PC too!

To celebrate finishing this build and holiday season, Mnpctech's facebook Group is giving away 3 more Battlefield 3 Game Codes! Details for entering here, http://www.facebook.com/groups/131097993582256/

Edited by mnpctech

@ccokeman, please drop by and introduce yourself. I will be handing out posters of the firefly PC too!

Yaya, give ccokeman the poster and give me the PC itself - (we really need a jaw drop smiley) - tis' the season of giving! :whistling::blush:

haha, it's in Fractal's hands now, on way to vegas

So you never answered my question - what happens to these awesome modded PCs? Are they simply sold, auctioned off, or used as prizes at these large events?

Oddly I can see your picture from where I am at but your main site is restricted - gotta love the military - its idiotic firewall litterally drives me nuts!