what is the best Asus MB for overclocking (LGA775)

I am looking for a cheap Asus motherboard that's excellent with overcloking!! It has to be LGA775 and DDR2 RAM, I want to experiment a bit with overclocking but don't want to spen a lot of cash on it.... Well not now anyway!!!!!!

Sorry but i have to agree. if you dont already have a e8400 ot better c2d and some really fast ram there is no reason at all to do this. Ask some friends for old computer parts (like a pentium 4 socket 478 complete system) if you just want to try it out.

um currently running an i7!! i just want to have a go at extreme overclocking and dont want to spend a lot of money on it if i cant get it right!! rather try it on cheap parts then ill try it on the i7!! i dont want to damage my gaming machine :woot:

um currently running an i7!! i just want to have a go at extreme overclocking and dont want to spend a lot of money on it if i cant get it right!! rather try it on cheap parts then ill try it on the i7!! i dont want to damage my gaming machine :woot:

Then 775 is not a good way to go. You might want to consider Am3 or AM2+?

Not trying to sound smart but if you're worring about screwing up your i7 machine by oc'ing it, well then you should not be oc'ing at all.

Actually, overclocking on parts that you don't need before you try it on your main machine is the more intelligent move...

• Like 2

Actually, overclocking on parts that you don't need before you try it on your main machine is the more intelligent move...

I know what you mean ,but he will be spending money learning on an 775 mb and cpu which oc's quite a bit differently than an i7 system.

look i know how to overclock its just want to have a go at extreme overclcoking my i7 is clocked to 4GHz and i have ddr2 RAM and an CELERON just lying around all i need is a motherboard... but thanks anyway :biggrin:

i want to play around with the BUS speeds and volts insted of the multipliers and core volts, so all i want to do is build up a cheap rig on secondhand parts(old things i dont use) just to play around with the clocking :woo: