Ocing The Prescott..

Xtreme21

Ok listen up listen up.. Thanks to the new 90nm technology it will be possible to OC to new levels.. IM gonna be buying a 3.0 Prescott on a P4P800 deluxe with OCZ 4000 EL-Gold. and hopefully they'll have a new core stepping soon that has some of the bugs fixed.. I'm gonna have it running under a Corsair hydrocool200.. im planning on hitting stable a 4ghz.. I'll post you when i finally get my stuff..

Thought I read somewhere that it did not oc well at all. But non the less let us know.

not just that.....it runs VERY VERY hot....with that hydrocool its loads are 48C and idle is 42C......thats on an open bench rig, not even in a case, so it would e hard to get that ting up there even if it oced well.

Buying a Prescott right now is not a wise idea, trust me.

It doesn't OC as well as you think, and you'd be running temps in the 60s with that HydroCool if you had it running 4GHz. You might could get 3.6-3.7GHz with decent temps, but not 4GHz, at least not right now.

man i wouldn't waste your money! I think if your stuck on intel that you should at least wait a few months and see what happens to it! I think this is going to turn into a big mistake for intel. Seems as though it was released prematurally.

:O Not like intel would ever release a immature product or anything! :O

They seem to have a habit of doing that. (P3 1.13 anybody?) I agree that you should wait...it's just like how the first round of athlon 64 chips couldn't overclock worth a crap, but the new newcastle (hmm...awfully redundant) core overclocks much better.

I know i was just telling you if in the future they got the bugs worked out.. But right now im pondering about what kind of system i should make which will be making its debut some time around the release of UT2004 which i already have reserved.. (they said beginning of march), which is 64-bit playable i believe.. Any suggestions Single w/ 2xx Opteron, Athlon64 3x00+, Northwood 3.4c... So im really between myself right now on what i should build.. Any suggestions? My limit by the way is $900 and all i need is CPU, RAM, MOBO, and HSF..

I know i was just telling you if in the future they got the bugs worked out.. But right now im pondering about what kind of system i should make which will be making its debut some time around the release of UT2004 which i already have reserved.. (they said beginning of march), which is 64-bit playable i believe.. Any suggestions Single w/ 2xx Opteron, Athlon64 3x00+, Northwood 3.4c... So im really between myself right now on what i should build.. Any suggestions? My limit by the way is $900 and all i need is CPU, RAM, MOBO, and HSF..

I've seen you debating your system for a month already...

Im sure you can decide by now with all the responses everyone has given you :bah: