I bought a HEMI!

camaro_dude15

ha i got a laugh out of all the post since i left for work, and my truck has decent weight distribution, not perfect but better than most trucks, and to comment on a few topics that popped up, i will be putting wider tires and wheels on it definately a more sporty street drag style tread, it has decent room in it so it wont need tubs in it, it has a four link already so all i am going to do to it is put urethane bushings on it and leveling kit, i may go with 4.11s maybe even lower, i know i need to worry about traction way before i worry about power, and i will see about making it lighter i dunno where i will start with it but it will probably be up front with some fiberglass or carbon, and bigger brakes are a must.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand having fun modding, but please don't call it a Corvette Killer...or a Camaro Killer, Mustang Killer, Charger Killer, etc for that matter. It is a truck, not a performance car. Your goal should be to have fun with it, not to beat a car that was made for racing in a truck that was made for hauling.

FWIW here are some numbers...

The 1/4 mile record for a fully built NA Hemi ram is 12.06. Heads, cam, valvetrain, the works. Most run low 15's stock, maybe high 14's.

The bone stock c6 record is 11.7. Fastest NA is somewhere in the 9's, all motor, and most are running mid 12s stock. That means the fastest all motor Hemi Ram in the world is still slower then a good chunk of bone stock C6's. To drop that much ET from stock just to hang with a bone stock C6 you would have to gain 250hp, lose 2,500 lbs, or a combination of the two. Not cheap, and not easy.

I understand having fun modding, but please don't call it a Corvette Killer...or a Camaro Killer, Mustang Killer, Charger Killer, etc for that matter. It is a truck, not a performance car. Your goal should be to have fun with it, not to beat a car that was made for racing in a truck that was made for hauling.

FWIW here are some numbers...

The 1/4 mile record for a fully built NA Hemi ram is 12.06. Heads, cam, valvetrain, the works. Most run low 15's stock, maybe high 14's.

The bone stock c6 record is 11.7. Fastest NA is somewhere in the 9's, all motor, and most are running mid 12s stock. That means the fastest all motor Hemi Ram in the world is still slower then a good chunk of bone stock C6's. To drop that much ET from stock just to hang with a bone stock C6 you would have to gain 250hp, lose 2,500 lbs, or a combination of the two. Not cheap, and not easy.

Way to go dream killer. Maybe he wants he wants to dominate mid eighties C4 Vettes, muscle cars between 1973 and 1993 and the occational ricer civic.

With a little tuning those trucks are much faster than regular cars on a rolling start. How many people really drag race around town? Most of it ends up being rolling starts because people don't want to beat the piss out of their daily driver.

Sorry to turn on you Puck but just don't kill dreams.

• 4 weeks later...

haha congrats man on the truck. I bet you'll be eating ricers in no time. I know I love driving my dads v10 2500 on rainy days. can you say drifting!? so much torque. I can only imagine what the new hemi's are like. Enjoy the truck and of course................... WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I'd take this over a CTS-V wagon, ANY DAY! I love sleepers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A203ShFM854

haha congrats man on the truck. I bet you'll be eating ricers in no time. I know I love driving my dads v10 2500 on rainy days. can you say drifting!? so much torque. I can only imagine what the new hemi's are like. Enjoy the truck and of course................... WE NEED PICS!!!!!!!!

You sound like me lol. My BMW 745i has nearly bald tires, which I won't be replacing since I'm selling the car for a Challenger, as you may know. 330 torque, nearly bald tires, and florida rain = FUN! This car is so tail happy, even when it's dry.

Edited by l33t p1mp

haha exactly! except add ridiculously poor front end weight distribution and 450+ torque lol. An old lady swerved the other day.... I didn't even get close to my side of the line. I guess it was just the angle that freaked her our. I look forward to seeing RAM_dude15 burn some cars. I LOVE sleepers.

p.s station wagon FTW

Edited by usaweapon777