My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Deathmineral

Oh man, even here you cannot get away from the ponyf@gs. Seriously. I do not understand this.

Instead of trying to explain my opinion, I'll just quote this. This is basically what I was going to say anyways.

• 3 months later...

Watched episode 1. Not bad, but it's no powerpuff girls.

Most people get into it more as they watch more of it, a lot of people say they had to watch about 5 or so episodes to really start getting into it.

Personally I was hooked right away. I didn't go into it expecting it to live up to some child hood nostalgia either though, expecting to be what the powerpuff girls might be in one's mind is being kind of over expectant of it I think. I mean it's a well done show but... it is still a children's cartoon for the most part, you can't expect it to be too awesome, it won't be a Breaking Bad or Lord of the Rings.

I always though this brony thing was a joke.

Its cool that you like it (and aren't embarrassed about it), I'm not sure why anyone should care what another person likes, but whatever. Hell, as long as it has a good story I'll watch anything (Pretty much movies only, with the exception of a few T.V. shows)

Unfortunately I've never seen anything with a horse in it that I thought had a good story in it. (secratariat -.-)

Most people get into it more as they watch more of it, a lot of people say they had to watch about 5 or so episodes to really start getting into it.

Personally I was hooked right away. I didn't go into it expecting it to live up to some child hood nostalgia either though, expecting to be what the powerpuff girls might be in one's mind is being kind of over expectant of it I think. I mean it's a well done show but... it is still a children's cartoon for the most part, you can't expect it to be too awesome, it won't be a Breaking Bad or Lord of the Rings.

It was better then expected. I just never realized it was the same writer from the powerpuff girls series.

It was better then expected. I just never realized it was the same writer from the powerpuff girls series.

I knew this, which is why I gave it a shot and enjoy watching it with my girlfriend's daughter (yes that's my excuse :P, but there really is a girlfriends daughter!) and I can see the likenesses.

My girlfriend actually got me a Rainbow Dash (My favorite, reminds me of Buttercup from the PPG) tshirt (girl's of course :mellow: ) as a gag gift for christmas, truth be told I'll never wear outdoors and not covered by a coat :evilgrin:

I knew this, which is why I gave it a shot and enjoy watching it with my girlfriend's daughter (yes that's my excuse :P, but there really is a girlfriends daughter!) and I can see the likenesses.

My girlfriend actually got me a Rainbow Dash (My favorite, reminds me of Buttercup from the PPG) tshirt (girl's of course :mellow: ) as a gag gift for christmas, truth be told I'll never wear outdoors and not covered by a coat :evilgrin:

Your girlfriend got you a girl's size t-shirt? Well, I guess that tells you what your girlfriend thinks of your figure. :lol:

Personally I don't have any t-shirt's for it but I do have other stuff. I know a lot of people do like the t-shirts though, and I can't blame them, there are some pretty well done t-shirts out there for the show. I've just never liked shirts with any kind of pictures or anything on them, I like my shirts to be plain and simple, actually all of my shirts are just black shirts with pockets, I have like 30 of these.

Also, and this isn't aimed at you specifically but I don't think this is the sort of thing people should be ashamed of. I think this is something a person should be proud to be watching as an adult. Honestly, which group would you say needs the life lessons that a show like this teaches more, children or adults?

I think as people become adults they become worse about doing the wrong thing. Things like lying, cheating, stealing, they become natural to people, just take job hunting as an example, most people probably lie to their could be employers during interviews or on the application papers. Piracy is of course the best example of how people steal all the time without batting an eyelash. How about the lesson we all know quite well, "never judge a book by it's cover?" We all know this lesson, but it still happens, adults tend to judge people they really don't even know, and in the age of the internet, that's become easier than it ever was.

That probably sounds kind of preachy but it's just my opinion, funny thing is it probably makes me a hypocrite. :lol:

Your girlfriend got you a girl's size t-shirt? Well, I guess that tells you what your girlfriend thinks of your figure. :lol:

Personally I don't have any t-shirt's for it but I do have other stuff. I know a lot of people do like the t-shirts though, and I can't blame them, there are some pretty well done t-shirts out there for the show. I've just never liked shirts with any kind of pictures or anything on them, I like my shirts to be plain and simple, actually all of my shirts are just black shirts with pockets, I have like 30 of these.

Also, and this isn't aimed at you specifically but I don't think this is the sort of thing people should be ashamed of. I think this is something a person should be proud to be watching as an adult. Honestly, which group would you say needs the life lessons that a show like this teaches more, children or adults?

I think as people become adults they become worse about doing the wrong thing. Things like lying, cheating, stealing, they become natural to people, just take job hunting as an example, most people probably lie to their could be employers during interviews or on the application papers. Piracy is of course the best example of how people steal all the time without batting an eyelash. How about the lesson we all know quite well, "never judge a book by it's cover?" We all know this lesson, but it still happens, adults tend to judge people they really don't even know, and in the age of the internet, that's become easier than it ever was.

That probably sounds kind of preachy but it's just my opinion, funny thing is it probably makes me a hypocrite. :lol:

Nah I'm just very slender a guy

I'm big into graphic tee's and I'd rock it proud and loud if it wasn't blatantly a girl's shirt (the sleeves are cut higher).

But yeah Amen to the rest of what you said haha

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen this show a couple of times and while I am not a big fan it does have its good points. It is at times very funny. My favorite if I had one would be

. Edited by DrDigitized2