ASUS Mars II Dual GTX580 has landed ....

Nyt

I hate when people say this . Please educate yourselves and this goes for all of you noobs in this world .

THE 590 AND 580 CANNOT SLI TOGETHER

Thats just how Nvidia rolled with this series ...

First off My bad , 2nd off as you your self just noted many ppl thouhgt you could .. 3rd off Their are MANY websites / fourms that ppl can choose read & post at. The last thing they want too deal with is Rude Moderator's .. I would not dare not call anyone on these fourms A noob. I have built well over 20 computers (not all for me ) in the last 13 years, I have been overclocking since before EEs & BEs when you had solder to unlock the CPU, when you milled the tops off the cpus so are waterblocks hit the cores. right now I just counted 2x 6950s, 3x 4850s, 2x 2900pros, 1x 470 3x Asus motherboard 1xMSI motherboard .. about a thousand dollars worth of cases, hell that dose not inclue all the stuff I have sold on ebay over the years to help me supply my self with new stuff. Now I admit I have been out of touch modding/OCing last year or so due to $$$ issues and health problems. But for A Moderator to call me A noob. that is just rude

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like ASUS :whistling: Also, there are quite a few users out there who will buy a 3 slot GPU and never have any intentions of adding a 2nd for CF/SLI. So why knock ASUS for making a 3 Slot cooler, that will prob help keep the 1 card user's temps down? Also, I can't find this card FS anywhere, can anyone else? My point is, so far the price is speculative. Now if it does start showing up on sites listed at that price, then congrats to ASUS for all the suckers who purchase it at that price ( and they are prob out there ;) ) The rest of us can continue to find better deals or better configs on a card or cards with better performance :thumbsup: But, to knock one of the better PC manufacturers out there for making money on a niche market....I think that is where I will stop short. Especially given the unbelievable CS and Overclockability that ASUS has given me over the years!

That price is still CRAZY :doh:, just to reiterate :P

First off My bad , 2nd off as you your self just noted many ppl thouhgt you could .. 3rd off Their are MANY websites / fourms that ppl can choose read & post at. The last thing they want too deal with is Rude Moderator's .. I would not dare not call anyone on these fourms A noob. I have built well over 20 computers (not all for me ) in the last 13 years, I have been overclocking since before EEs & BEs when you had solder to unlock the CPU, when you milled the tops off the cpus so are waterblocks hit the cores. right now I just counted 2x 6950s, 3x 4850s, 2x 2900pros, 1x 470 3x Asus motherboard 1xMSI motherboard .. about a thousand dollars worth of cases, hell that dose not inclue all the stuff I have sold on ebay over the years to help me supply my self with new stuff. Now I admit I have been out of touch modding/OCing last year or so due to $$$ issues and health problems. But for A Moderator to call me A noob. that is just rude

I agree that was over the line.

Im sorry guys but I was just sick and tired of all the people who keep thinking you can SLI a 590 and 580 and tha noone bothers to research some claims before arguing about them

I take full responsibility for this and apologize . I just had a really bad day yesterday . I unfortunately took it out on you Neko .

To make it up to you I will gift you a the game Terraria on Steam . You have a PM incoming ...

Im sorry guys but I was just sick and tired of all the people who keep thinking you can SLI a 590 and 580 and tha noone bothers to research some claims before arguing about them

I take full responsibility for this and apologize . I just had a really bad day yesterday . I unfortunately took it out on you Neko .

To make it up to you I will gift you a the game Terraria on Steam . You have a PM incoming ...

I could use a free game... Care like noob-bashing me right fast?? Ill give you a good topic to be sure! lol2.gif

cheers.gif

I could use a free game... Care like noob-bashing me right fast?? Ill give you a good topic to be sure! lol2.gif

cheers.gif

Thanks for reminding me :P I'll look for that Mafia 2 key I said I'd give ya ! :)

I still like ASUS :whistling: Also, there are quite a few users out there who will buy a 3 slot GPU and never have any intentions of adding a 2nd for CF/SLI. So why knock ASUS for making a 3 Slot cooler, that will prob help keep the 1 card user's temps down? Also, I can't find this card FS anywhere, can anyone else? My point is, so far the price is speculative. Now if it does start showing up on sites listed at that price, then congrats to ASUS for all the suckers who purchase it at that price ( and they are prob out there ;) ) The rest of us can continue to find better deals or better configs on a card or cards with better performance :thumbsup: But, to knock one of the better PC manufacturers out there for making money on a niche market....I think that is where I will stop short. Especially given the unbelievable CS and Overclockability that ASUS has given me over the years!

That price is still CRAZY :doh:, just to reiterate :P

+1, ASUS is good, and for some people that card will be what they think is best for them. For a vast percentage of the market speed is what sells it. They don't have a clue what anything else means they just know its supposed to be faster.