MINECRAFT

BluePanda

Out of curiosity what do you use as the server? And is it just your home internet? I was using my Shuttle computer in my sig as an MC server for me and two of my cousins. Ran it ok enough but i'd have to restart the software every once in awhile. Something about system time changed error or something.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. Good to know. Any good mods you can recommend?

For a performance boost, more customizable graphics options, and HD Texture packs (plus a bunch of other features), i highly suggest OptiFine

And not so much a mod but a tool, Magic Launcher. Easily install mods, and run Minecraft with custom memory allocation.

Out of curiosity what do you use as the server? And is it just your home internet? I was using my Shuttle computer in my sig as an MC server for me and two of my cousins. Ran it ok enough but i'd have to restart the software every once in awhile. Something about system time changed error or something.

I just ran the Java client for the longest time on my HTPC. It ate up 4 GB of RAM like nobodies business but I never had to touch it. I have 12 down, 1 up Verizon U-Verse.

Once we started running Bukkit server (for the mods) it needed to be restarted every other week or so because it would run out of memory (with 4 GB allocated). The regular server doesn't have that problem though.

For a performance boost, more customizable graphics options, and HD Texture packs (plus a bunch of other features), i highly suggest OptiFine

And not so much a mod but a tool, Magic Launcher. Easily install mods, and run Minecraft with custom memory allocation.

Found those while looking through this thread and just Googling, and I definitely intend to try them out!

I just ran the Java client for the longest time on my HTPC. It ate up 4 GB of RAM like nobodies business but I never had to touch it. I have 12 down, 1 up Verizon U-Verse.

Once we started running Bukkit server (for the mods) it needed to be restarted every other week or so because it would run out of memory (with 4 GB allocated). The regular server doesn't have that problem though.

So if we just weren't so needy for server-side mods it would still be up :lol:

What build of Bukkit were you running? 1.2.5 R4.0 (Build 2222) is known to have that memory bloating issue. Problem was fixed in build 2224.

Found those while looking through this thread and just Googling, and I definitely intend to try them out!

So if we just weren't so needy for server-side mods it would still be up :lol:

Well it's up to Waco I suppose but I think we could drop the mods, I mean we played on the server for what... a week? I tried to get on the other day and it was down, before anyone bumped this thread that is. So clearly we haven't been touching the game for a while anyway. Personally I'd like to play on it again and I have no use for any of the mods that were being used, in fact I was mostly playing it legit anyway. So if Waco doesn't feel like it's too much work, removing the mods would be an option I think, unless anyone opposes I suppose, but like I said, we clearly neglected it until now, so I doubt anyone will oppose. :lol:

Well it's up to Waco I suppose but I think we could drop the mods, I mean we played on the server for what... a week? I tried to get on the other day and it was down, before anyone bumped this thread that is. So clearly we haven't been touching the game for a while anyway. Personally I'd like to play on it again and I have no use for any of the mods that were being used, in fact I was mostly playing it legit anyway. So if Waco doesn't feel like it's too much work, removing the mods would be an option I think, unless anyone opposes I suppose, but like I said, we clearly neglected it until now, so I doubt anyone will oppose. :lol:

Based on what I read in this thread, the only mod that would really seem useful would be the one that locked some areas, so people couldn't grief other players. But that shouldn't be needed if we keep this to just OCC people.

Waco's call though, since it is his computer.

Honestly I don't really care what mods we run if I start the server back up. I just don't enjoy baby-sitting the server if it's crashy or leaks memory. :lol:

Well I tried to get on it quite frequently. but it was down. the mods caused issues with the server so that's fine they took it down.

I would love a survival server if someone would set one up.

I think the problem with survival is that people get mad when their stuff gets blown up. I take it as a challenge to build creep-proof buildings, but some think differently. :P

I think the problem with survival is that people get mad when their stuff gets blown up. I take it as a challenge to build creep-proof buildings, but some think differently. :P

:withstupid: I haven't played in a while though.