MINECRAFT

BluePanda

no problems, also will this new server be a survival or freebuild? i would much prefer a survival server myself, probably wont be on too much if its freebuild, how about you other regulars on the server?

I think we could manage both. I mean it's pretty much already both, the only thing missing for the survival part are monsters, which I think we could turn on. Shouldn't be an issue for those looking to just free build, simply set down plenty of torches and there wouldn't be any reason to worry I think. :D

Edit: Also, means we're starting fresh anyway, what do you guys say to trying out some of the more interesting mods? I was thinking we could try something like this, a SMP Hardcore plugin. It puts a pretty interesting twist on the hardcore game type, which is pretty fun to begin with I think. :D

Edited by Deathmineral

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could manage both. I mean it's pretty much already both, the only thing missing for the survival part are monsters, which I think we could turn on. Shouldn't be an issue for those looking to just free build, simply set down plenty of torches and there wouldn't be any reason to worry I think. :D

survival is where noone has creative gamemode, so you build using only what you can dig up or chop down, and have to get your own food, make weapons and armour, gold and diamonds are valuable instead of decoration etc

survival is where noone has creative gamemode, so you build using only what you can dig up or chop down, and have to get your own food, make weapons and armour, gold and diamonds are valuable instead of decoration etc

I know how survival works, I'm just saying there's no need for us to limit ourselves to one or the other when we can have both. For example, I have an area on the current world that is purely free build and all about looks and creativity, I have another area where I play it as survival only as well, and then I have another area where it's even a mixture of the two.

Depending on how everyone else feels about the hardcore idea, that would pretty much have to be purely survival I'd guess.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to get the Sonic Shaders stuff working. That requires another mod called Optifine, which is intended to give the player better FPS and a lot more control over graphics options and environment. Optifine recommends you use a launcher called Magic Launcher, which is similar to MyCraft but much more dynamic and a lot easier than MyCraft. Anyway, back to the point, for whatever reason, Magic Launcher doesn't play nice with the shaders so you'll have to just leave Magic Launcher out of your configuration and do a manual install of Optifine instead, which is still pretty easy.

Thanks again to Alex, wouldn't have figured it out without his help. :D

nNnnNnnEeeeEEEEwwww WWoOOrrrlllLLLLDDD

what are we gonna do with it? the current one is very random and everything just looks ridiculous.

Edited by _TheAlexO

Seems to me like free build would be the better choice, I mean that's mostly what we did on this one and I think a lot of people probably enjoy the multiplayer aspect just for sharing creations and ideas. Survival only is kind of hard to do unless everyone cooperates well, and I'm not saying we aren't capable of that but... we all have our own ideas for just about anything, even little stuff.

Edit: Personally I think we could do both but it's not really a point I care enough about to argue on, so I leave it up to those that do care.

Edited by Deathmineral