My internet provider SUCKS ;_;

Ok, so im here to ask how are the internet provider u people use, and i mean caps and all that. Mine sucks here in Puerto Rico they got a 40 GB cap after that for every 10 GB is another 15 $ i think is really stupid cause i use Steam, hulu, youtube A LOT and since steam likes your money and always find a way to ge it then is dificult for me and a lot of other people to not be angry about this :s so tell me maybe there are other places with worse or better who knows i wanna hear people here ^^

At my place I have Time Warner and haven't had really any complaints about them for the past 3 years. I've been paying about $30-35/mo for about 800KB/s. But before that I lived with my parents, who I believe pay $25 or $30/mo for AT&T U-Verse. Their download speed is a piss poor 150KB/s and now AT&T has it capped at 250GB per month. Not that that really matters, because I don't even think downloading constantly at 150KB/s would reach that in a month :down:

http://www.speedtest.../1319182692.png

The thing is I am meant to have 8Mbit/s but thats my max... This is my best result so far... BTW the latency sucks in online games! I used to have 20Mbit/s with upload speeds of 2Mbit/s with an average latency of 26... the contracts gonna run out soon ;'(

250GB download allowance per month...

1319190650.png

Funny thing is that the upload speed was at around .3 then popped up to .43 right at the end...

41253143.png

How do I have 29ms ping there? Either way this 8Mbi/s is worse than my old one...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

You should be happy for that... I live in dormitory, and I got a 30KBps download speed... ONLY 30KBPS!!! And at my home, I pay 25$ for 118KBps download speed...but it is unlimited of course... When I see your speedtest result, I feel the internet in my country is sucks... :(

My ISP gives us a decent speed and doesn't have a cap, but those are about the only things you could consider a plus as they treat us like crap in every other way. Between the frequent internet outages and letters they send to our house complaining about you know what, they're pretty darn lucky we can't switch to another ISP except for dial-up speeds. If we could switch to another ISP we certainly wouldn't put up with all the harassment.

Holy crap, ISPs in the States have implemented caps. That really sucks. I'm glad I don't have an internet cap here in Taiwan. I can enjoy my 10Mbs/2Mbs for about $30USD. That's dirt cheap. But wait, there's more. haha. I'm upgrading to my ISP's 50Mbs/3Mbs for an extra $10USD. Enjoy your caps in the States.

Holy crap, ISPs in the States have implemented caps. That really sucks. I'm glad I don't have an internet cap here in Taiwan. I can enjoy my 10Mbs/2Mbs for about $30USD. That's dirt cheap. But wait, there's more. haha. I'm upgrading to my ISP's 50Mbs/3Mbs for an extra $10USD. Enjoy your caps in the States.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU lol

Where are you at....and how long's your ethernet cable ;)