Life without the internet.

GabrielT

So I just moved to a new place and I haven't decided if I can afford the internet yet. 22 days without easy to access internet have given rise to a few things.

I clean the house.

I am often bored and long for the internet.

And most of all I seem to be getting more stuff done than usual.

That reminds me that I need to get pictures of my motorcycle on here when I am done painting it and generally fixing it up.

The cheapest internet available to me is $40 a month. I am posting from the library.

He is right though. We had a 2 day power outage last week, or was it two weeks ago... anyway after i got done moping about not being able to game or tinker with my web design stuff i settled down and did an awful lot of work, would have taken me a couple of days to do it with power and internet but without, well i had nothing else to do.

Without Internet I work on my cars...really, it just means I have to think more instead of looking up info on forums and stuff. I would hate it if the Internet went away forever because then I would be dumb as hell lol

I remember when I first bought my current house...man oh man!

I went about two weeks without the internet (didnt want to buy it) and was occasionally "borrowing it" from houses near me...the speeds that people had were soo slow! :lol:

It was a blessing however because I was able to get a bunch of stuff around the new house setup, like my TV and all the painting done and everything else. Most of the painting I did do before I actually moved in but there was a little left over after I decided to move my stuff in.

Ended up going with Comcast and its like 50$ a month for their best internet which give me up to 20Mbps download and does include basic...and I mean basic cable...like channels 2-14 :D

There's no way I could do it, I can however go without any TV, I never watch it as it is really.

neither do I...only thing I use my TV for is watching movies be it on Netflix, DVD, or BluRay...

42" Plasma with surround sound beats the 30" with 2.1 speaker setup...oh and a comfy couch :D

I would be even more unproductive without internet.

Perfect example is last Saturday. Cable line went out, so no internet or TV.

You know what I did?

1. Watched "Tucker and Dale vs Evil"
  2. Watched some TV shows from HDD
  3. Watched a CCENT video
  4. Slept the rest of the day
  5. Watched "Hung" Season 1 and half of Season 2 all night

I did one thing productive that entire day. Usually what I do everyday :D

Sadly I always have internet (phone, or tethering my phone to desktop/laptop)

If you have a smartphone, I suggest tethering! Just if you're not sprint don't do serious downloading that will pop your 5GB crap cap.

I can control myself if I need to get something done, but I definitely have even greater motivation when there is NO temptation of internet.

There's no way I could do it, I can however go without any TV, I never watch it as it is really.

Yeah I really wished we'd cancel other TV, we have Netflix and I usually just output movies from my laptop. I never watch TV anymore, just USE the TV as a monitor.

I know my house wont have a house phone nor cable television