New OCC Donation Tier System

IVIYTH0S

Ya its possible just take a bit to do.

Hmmmmm, Bosco. Maybe if we can get that going I'll throw in a donation? :thumbsup::biggrin:

I really would love to be able to have a donation appear as well though alongside my current title, staff wants the love too. :wub:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving the new donation system! Now only if I can get News Editor and Donated along by my name. :woot:

Ya its possible just take a bit to do.

I think the issue would be that there would be all new permissions setup as you wouldn't be considered a News Editor anymore you would be in the system as News Editor + Donator Tier 5.

That would wreak havoc with everything, permissions would have to be set for every combination.

News Editor

News Editor + Donator Tier 1

News Editor + Donator Tier 2

News Editor + Donator Tier 3

News Editor + Donator Tier 4

News Editor + Donator Tier 5

Now repeat with every staff member and the number of groups would be ridiculous.

One thing that would be easier to do would be to make a graphic that showed up on the side panel, that way it could be linked to at Bosco's discretion kind of like the DNA icon is.

Seems like its silly to have the tier number in the donated title, seems like people would just be happy that they donated even $5 bucks. I suppose its a way to reward those who do spend a bit more, and aids in friendly competition -- clearly it's just a lose, lose situation. Can't I just have a gold star for being a member? I wanna be special too! :woot:

I think the issue would be that there would be all new permissions setup as you wouldn't be considered a News Editor anymore you would be in the system as News Editor + Donator Tier 5.

That would wreak havoc with everything, permissions would have to be set for every combination.

News Editor

News Editor + Donator Tier 1

News Editor + Donator Tier 2

News Editor + Donator Tier 3

News Editor + Donator Tier 4

News Editor + Donator Tier 5

Now repeat with every staff member and the number of groups would be ridiculous.

One thing that would be easier to do would be to make a graphic that showed up on the side panel, that way it could be linked to at Bosco's discretion kind of like the DNA icon is.

Could use a tag based system, if that's available in the software. Then it's not, he's in the "News Editor + Donator Tier 3" group but, he's in the "News Editor" and the "Donation Tier 3" group, both of which already exist. Of course, since I don't know how the software works, I don't know if that's possible.

you have 2 gold stars though.

lol. I guess that is true. Had forgotten about the little stars there. :D Now I feels special... but how about a special member of the month tag! JK JK... I feel special enough now, for neglecting that I already have gold stars. :blush:

No it wouldn't because staff trumps everything. The permissions would stay the same regardless of whether he donates or how much he donates, he's just talking about recognition at this point.

No it wouldn't because staff trumps everything. The permissions would stay the same regardless of whether he donates or how much he donates, he's just talking about recognition at this point.

This. :popcorn:

Besides getting all the extra goodies of donating too. :biggrin:

BP - It's all about Marketing :)

Think about it like this......................

You're beloved Clemson Tigers - when an alumni makes a ten million dollar donation to help build a new football stadium - they expect that the football stadium will be name after them. Oh wait.................... no one has donated ten million dollars to build Clemson a new football stadium :)

DARN IT!

You're beloved Clemson Tigers - when an alumni makes a ten million dollar donation to help build a new football stadium - they expect that the football stadium will be name after them. Oh wait.................... no one has donated ten million dollars to build Clemson a new football stadium :)

DARN IT!

Right, because our beloved Death Valley is recognized as one of the most intimidating stadiums in the nation, holds the record for being the loudest recorded on game day, and certainly doesn't need any improvement :D