Diablo 3

tkrow21

That is the PC Gaming World we live in now. Before we only had to worry if a game would be fun or not. Now we all have to decide if the level of DRM a game employs is worth it or not. That is only something we can decide on a personal basis. TraptPatriot is ok with it. Waco is not. I'm still up in the air.

As much as I would like to see DRM go away it has garnared to much support to go away now. It will just continue to evolve as the industry experiments to find the right mix.

I'm sorry that I like to discuss things. :rolleyes:

I was totally looking forward to Diablo 3 in every way. The new graphics, gameplay, etc were all things I was extremely excited about. The word of no LAN play saddened me, but didn't discourage me. I expected it after SC2's release. With any luck they'll drop the online-only requirement at some point...

Class specific quests are pretty neat too. :)

Discussion is fine, but it's been going on for days now and won't stop, and there are no changes in the posts.

The class specific quests seem pretty cool. Though, I wish there were more classes to choose from. I'm going to miss the Paladin from Diablo 2. =(

All three difficulties?

No no lol. Gonna start on Nightmare soon. Keep in mind I also multitask, and play in Windowed mode, which minimizes any time I click OUTSIDE the 800x600 window lol.

Does anyone have a fix for the colors freaking out when you play it full screen with multi-monitors on W7? Or it taking 10 minutes (give or take) to fire up when on full screen?

Never played on multi-monitors, so can't help you there... As for taking 10 minutes to load, have you defragged the drive it is installed on? And, when it is loading up, if you click the left mouse button it should skip through that loading section.

Never played on multi-monitors, so can't help you there... As for taking 10 minutes to load, have you defragged the drive it is installed on? And, when it is loading up, if you click the left mouse button it should skip through that loading section.

Well, it's a glitch with the 64-bit version of the OS. Other people have reported issues before, I'm just far too lazy to look up a fix. The Windowed mode loads perfectly fine.

On another note, I've been told twice in as many days to defrag my hard drive. I know what a defrag is, damnit! (not a rant at you, just kind of funny :lol: )

Well, it's a glitch with the 64-bit version of the OS. Other people have reported issues before, I'm just far too lazy to look up a fix. The Windowed mode loads perfectly fine.

On another note, I've been told twice in as many days to defrag my hard drive. I know what a defrag is, damnit! (not a rant at you, just kind of funny :lol: )

Haha sorry. I just know for me, sometimes after installing a big game I forget to defrag and it runs slow. And even for how old D2 is, it's like a 5GB install! Insane lol.

Haha sorry. I just know for me, sometimes after installing a big game I forget to defrag and it runs slow. And even for how old D2 is, it's like a 5GB install! Insane lol.

Well, I checked into it. Apparently, disabling "Desktop Composition" fixes it. I tried it real quick (just to the start menu) and it seems to fix it. Now I'm happy that I don't need to use my 800x600 box on a 1920x1080 screen @____@