Diablo 3

tkrow21

I am really surprised to hear that people are already saying they that are not going to buy the game based on mod support and auctioning.

And the online requirement, no lan, etc.

What confuses me is that more people aren't pissed about this...

2, 3, and 4 would be non-issues if you could host your own games.

Just sayin. :P

But that's contrary to the direction Blizzard is taking. Thus my point.

Then obviously you don't care about this game why complain about it? Your not going to buy it so you say. I have a feel that everyone who says they aren't going to buy it will eventually end up with a copy.

You can moan and groan, but the truth is we live in a different world of PC gaming these days. Because of piracy companies are reluctant to make PC games, and when they do they either have DRM or are heavily reliant on online features. This is how PC gaming will continue like it or not. Don't blame the developers, blame piracy.

So it'll be a decent game, but you will skip it because of some stuff they are/aren't doing that you would like. Still doesn't explain why you constantly seem to bash it in every post.

Agreed, but if someone has no intention of buying the game because of certain things, why keep posting how you don't like it? Move on? Lol. I don't post in other games threads because I have no interest in buying them.

because they are interested in buying the games, it's these small details that so painfully deters them

as far as i'm concerned, diablo 3 isn't the kind of game that mod support would be beneficial to the experience, because it's kindof like a mmo dungeon runner, and when people are playing different mods, you split up the community

the auction house is also a really healthy decision, if not a bit "distasteful," it still is a good addition

the only thing i see wrong is the requirement of an online connection to be able to play, that's just A$% backwards

And the online requirement, no lan, etc.

So what about all the other online only games that have been out for years? This isn't anything new. Heck, MMO's are only online. Maybe they are thinking about making a Diablo MMO? They have the success of WoW to do it. And WoW is online only, and has millions of players. Somehow I think your views are the minority. Believe me, I would love to LAN it up with some friends like we used to do back in the day, but times are changing and most people have good enough internet connections to play. If you don't, then sorry, you are one of the few.

because they are interested in buying the games, it's these small details that so painfully deters them

as far as i'm concerned, diablo 3 isn't the kind of game that mod support would be beneficial to the experience, because it's kindof like a mmo dungeon runner, and when people are playing different mods, you split up the community

the auction house is also a really healthy decision, if not a bit "distasteful," it still is a good addition

the only thing i see wrong is the requirement of an online connection to be able to play, that's just A$% backwards

I know small details can make or break a game, but it all goes down to success or not. As stated, WoW is online only and isn't mod-able, and look at the success it has had. Why wouldn't they move towards that success?

I just feel like no matter what a company does, someone will always have an issue and complain. Well sorry folks, life is tough and we don't get what we want all the time. The company is out to make money. Those guys work for a living, and if what they produce doesn't sell, they won't make paychecks. It all goes down to what people will pay for, and for everyone's complaints here (I may understand and agree, but I also view it logically), it is just a minority group.

Then obviously you don't care about this game why complain about it?

Baaaaaaaaa.

Your not going to buy it so you say. I have a feel that everyone who says they aren't going to buy it will eventually end up with a copy.

:lol: Some people actually have willpower.

You can moan and groan, but the truth is we live in a different world of PC gaming these days. Because of piracy companies are reluctant to make PC games, and when they do they either have DRM or are heavily reliant on online features. This is how PC gaming will continue like it or not. Don't blame the developers, blame piracy.

Piracy is the excuse people use for everything. :rolleyes: Can you name of a single successful DRM implementation? This DRM doesn't hurt the pirates (who will crack the game anyway); it just annoys the hell out of honest customers.

Edited by Waco

Piracy is the excuse people use for everything. :rolleyes: Can you name of a single successful DRM implementation? This DRM doesn't hurt the pirates (who will crack the game anyway); it just annoys the hell out of honest customers.

Any MMO is basically a game with DRM. You can't play unless you are online. How are those any different? Just because Diablo was single player in the past means it always has to stay that way?

Any MMO is basically a game with DRM. You can't play unless you are online. How are those any different? Just because Diablo was single player in the past means it always has to stay that way?

Diablo is a single-player game. Yes, even Diablo 3.

Regardless - there are cracked MMO servers too.

Diablo is a single-player game. Yes, even Diablo 3.

Regardless - there are cracked MMO servers too.

No, Diablo was based more on multi-player and team-play than being by yourself. I've played it since the beginning and playing online is the best.

Plus, you know some people are still going to crack it. They do it with every other game out there.

No, Diablo was based more on multi-player and team-play than being by yourself. I've played it since the beginning and playing online is the best.

Plus, you know some people are still going to crack it. They do it with every other game out there.

I never played Diablo online. I just really don't like playing with other people most of the time. I get frustrated at the way they play or I'm not very good and don't feel as though I'm contributing. So I don't really play online.