Diablo 3

tkrow21

Who cares? As I always say, you guys need to play a game first and determine if you like it or not. If you don't, then you stop playing and do something else. Why all the complaining just because it isn't what YOU want or think should happen.

So if you aren't going to buy it then why are you still complaining about it? Lol.

...because in all likelihood it'll be a decent game (I loved Diablo and Diablo 2) and these stupid decisions are making me skip it.

Edited by Waco

...because in all likelihood it'll be a decent game (I loved Diablo and Diablo 2) and these stupid decisions are making me skip it.

So it'll be a decent game, but you will skip it because of some stuff they are/aren't doing that you would like. Still doesn't explain why you constantly seem to bash it in every post.

because small details can make or break anything

Agreed, but if someone has no intention of buying the game because of certain things, why keep posting how you don't like it? Move on? Lol. I don't post in other games threads because I have no interest in buying them.

Apparently adding mod support to D3 would increase the development time by two years. Two years to add mod support? Seems a little bogus to me.

I think they're telling the truth because IF they were to support modding, it would NOT simply be releasing an SDK and letting everyone and their mothers go to town - it'd be a lot more involved than that.

In no particular order:

1. They have to release the SDK/Mod Tools, which if they had no prior intention of supporting modding, isn't as simple as some of you would like to make it out to be.

2. They need to implement a similar system to SC2's custom games (wherein you can join/host custom games/mods), but a lot more complex because....

3. There must be an approval process. Due to it being an always-online-B.Net game with an AH, no mod can "break" the economy. For example, you cannot have a mod that simply contains a room filled with chests that all have a high chance as rare and unique drops, your you cannot have a manually-created item with super stats.

4. Like SC2's mods, D3's mods would have to be hosted on B.Net because they cannot risk anything being stored offline where it can be manipulated (see 3).

I'm sure I can come up with more if I gave it some more thought. The point being, that there is no way Blizzard would do it half-assed. They've created this whole online infrastructure and they wouldn't allow anything to jeopardize that, so it's not so simple as just releasing tools into the wild and letting consumers go nuts.

I think they're telling the truth because IF they were to support modding, it would NOT simply be releasing an SDK and letting everyone and their mothers go to town - it'd be a lot more involved than that.

In no particular order:

1. They have to release the SDK/Mod Tools, which if they had no prior intention of supporting modding, isn't as simple as some of you would like to make it out to be.

2. They need to implement a similar system to SC2's custom games (wherein you can join/host custom games/mods), but a lot more complex because....

3. There must be an approval process. Due to it being an always-online-B.Net game with an AH, no mod can "break" the economy. For example, you cannot have a mod that simply contains a room filled with chests that all have a high chance as rare and unique drops, your you cannot have a manually-created item with super stats.

4. Like SC2's mods, D3's mods would have to be hosted on B.Net because they cannot risk anything being stored offline where it can be manipulated (see 3).

I'm sure I can come up with more if I gave it some more thought. The point being, that there is no way Blizzard would do it half-assed. They've created this whole online infrastructure and they wouldn't allow anything to jeopardize that, so it's not so simple as just releasing tools into the wild and letting consumers go nuts.

Very good points. I think we all just need to remember that Blizzard does stuff thoroughly and mostly for it to create a great game. When have we known them to slack? No, you can't count SC:Ghost because maybe it was so bad they scrapped it to not torture us. Hahaha

So it'll be a decent game, but you will skip it because of some stuff they are/aren't doing that you would like. Still doesn't explain why you constantly seem to bash it in every post.

What confuses me is that more people aren't pissed about this...

In no particular order:

2, 3, and 4 would be non-issues if you could host your own games.

Just sayin. :P

Edited by Waco

Agreed, but if someone has no intention of buying the game because of certain things, why keep posting how you don't like it? Move on? Lol. I don't post in other games threads because I have no interest in buying them.

Because it's a discussion forum :mellow:

I am really surprised to hear that people are already saying they that are not going to buy the game based on mod support and auctioning. I would tell them just give it a try and see if you like it although I know that you will buy it anyway when it comes out. Who can't resist the Diablo????