Diablo 3

tkrow21

I don't mind PvP either but it's part of the game game as a whole so they're releasing an unfinished product. It's like saying "hey he's this game, you pay us full price now, but we're gonna give you some of the stuff... later." I guess they can call it free DLC if they wanted to pull a quick one but whatever. It doesn't change things.

I think you are mistaking what their intention is... PvP doesn't make or break the game, therefor is not a necessity for the release. The game isn't built around PvP, it is built around the story and the different difficulties, as well as co-op. PvP is just an added bonus, much as it is in WoW. Sure, a lot of people only do PvP in WoW, but that is not the core concept of the game. Hope that clears it up for ya.

I think you are mistaking what their intention is... PvP doesn't make or break the game, therefor is not a necessity for the release. The game isn't built around PvP, it is built around the story and the different difficulties, as well as co-op. PvP is just an added bonus, much as it is in WoW. Sure, a lot of people only do PvP in WoW, but that is not the core concept of the game. Hope that clears it up for ya.

i wouldn't call it an added bonus considering that they are putting so much time into it as well as special pvp maps. i think it's a part of the whole game just like all the other parts. PvP in diablo 2 is what i'd call a bonus.

Tempted by the CE: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/services/collectors-edition/

Very similar to the SC2 CE. If I get it, it'll mostly be for the art book, even though I barely even perused the SC2 one. I already own D2 & LOD, so the USB drive is pointless, especially since it looks like it'd be bulky to carry around. The SC2 one was at least smaller, but I don't even use that.

The in-game items are probably pointless. The angel wings and banner are probably just cosmetic, and the dyes are meh, especially if they're one-time use. I still use the "Diablo" portrait in SC2 that came with its CE, so I'd probably switch to one of these, but still, not a reason to buy it.

I honestly didn't expect it so soon, AWESOME!

I was expecting it much later, especially when their Senior Producer left before launch. That wasn't something you want to see. I'm rather hesitant to even buy the game because of that tbh. There had to be some drama behind that.

I was expecting a June/July launch of D3 and a Nov launch of SC2: HotS.

I really shouldn't spend money.. but the CE at Amazon is calling me. Plus I do have those gift certificates I haven't used yet..

Stop kidding yourself. You know you want that art book :P