Diablo 3

tkrow21

I like to see you guys take your perspective to an actual RPG forum and see the reactions you get.

Also planning ahead doesn't really min-max your characters. If you want to build a class with 3 different specs in mind. There is no planning that is going to allow you to do all 3 jobs effectively in 1-2 characters. You would need 3. Then there are PvE and PvP builds for each spec. I seriously doubt anything you guys have to say about RPGs.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Psss.... Many games use this, WoW isn't the only game that exists.

Of course. But it's the biggest and is the one that mostly uses what you're talking about. As far as having tank/healer/dps speccing on the same char. The more standard/classic setup is having classes designed around a certain purpose. A dps class is a dps class. A healer is a healer. A tank is a tank. Not that "hmm do I want to be a tank or a DPS today?" sillyness.

Of course. But it's the biggest and is the one that mostly uses what you're talking about. As far as having tank/healer/dps speccing on the same char. The more standard/classic setup is having classes designed around a certain purpose. A dps class is a dps class. A healer is a healer. A tank is a tank. Not that "hmm do I want to be a tank or a DPS today?" sillyness.

Even a sole purpose DPS class can have many builds. Why stick to one when you can easily change to another when you need too. Not all builds work as an all in one build. Healing classes also have the same setup.

I swear you aren't even thinking of the big picture at all. Many RPG players respec on nearly a daily basis to get things done.

Buffs and nerfs happen often, the build you were once using is no longer viable. I would rather reroll my spec/skills to one that is more viable than make an entire new character and have to delete the one I was currently using.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Even a sole purpose DPS class can have many builds. Why stick to one when you can easily change to another when you need too. Not all builds work as an all in one build. Healing classes also have the same setup.

I swear you aren't even thinking of the big picture at all. Many RPG players respec on nearly a daily basis to get things done.

Buffs and nerfs happen often, the build you were once using is no longer viable. I would rather reroll my spec/skills to one that is more viable than make an entire new character and have to delete the one I was currently using.

Being able to reskill after a major class change is about the only time I'd agree reskilling should be ok. It has nothing to do with the big picture at all. I just have a different point of view about how an RPG should be. And i'm ok with making more then one character if I want a different build.

I like to see you guys take your perspective to an actual RPG forum and see the reactions you get.

Also planning ahead doesn't really min-max your characters. If you want to build a class with 3 different specs in mind. There is no planning that is going to allow you to do all 3 jobs effectively in 1-2 characters. You would need 3. Then there are PvE and PvP builds for each spec. I seriously doubt anything you guys have to say about RPGs.

MMOs are a different breed than an Action-RPG, despite what Blizzard is trying to do with D3.

I played RIFT, and in there, you could have up to four different roles (each with completely different specs), and even then, you could still respec to your heart's content. It was necessary in that game, as it is in many MMOs, simply because of the way RAID content works in those games, where if your team is not built a certain way, it's often literally impossible to win. Then you throw in PvP, which more often than not requires a completely different skill set, having different roles/builds you can switch to is necessary. And yes, even then, people weren't satisfied - the high-end guilds wanted even more than four roles.

An Action-RPG like D3 is not like that. Some builds make work better than others, but everything could theoretically be beat with any build. The PvP argument doesn't fly here either because PvP is a mere afterthought and not the focus of the game. Even Blizzard has stated that.

Don't try comparing D3 to WoW or any other MMO, it just makes you look naive.

Being able to reskill after a major class change is about the only time I'd agree reskilling should be ok. It has nothing to do with the big picture at all. I just have a different point of view about how an RPG should be. And i'm ok with making more then one character if I want a different build.

:withstupid: A lot of developers will provide a free respec after they make a major change to a class. Blizzard can do the same thing with D3 if need be.

Don't try comparing D3 to WoW or any other MMO, it just makes you look naive.

I'm talking about RPGs in general. Respecing is in many types of RPG games. Don't assume we are talking about only Diablo 3 in a Diablo 3 thread, it makes you look naive :blink: .

Even Diablo 2 could have used respecing. I had 3 sorcs (each elemental type), 2 necros (bone + summon), a bazillion paladins with many builds, and etc. Some of those practically used the same equipment except different skills and skill grand charms. However in Diablo 2 you can hit level 80 within 2-3 hours without ever putting in a single stats in your character. If Diablo 2 only locked you to one account per cd key. I wouldn't have 3-4 accounts of characters and mules.

Respecing even in a game like Diablo, will allow players to try out new builds without investing the time in creating a new character just for it. Most of the wacky builds in Diablo 2 are from playing around. Creating a new character every time you want to try something is not ideal and wasteful.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Playing the game is a waste of time? Well duh we all could be doing better things then gaming =P

Again it's just different POVs. For example in the original HGL. I had 5 capped marksmen, 3 capped engineers, 2 capped blademasters, 2 capped guardians, 3 capped evokers, and 2 capped summoners. I didn't see leveling those as a waste of time. It added replay value being able to play the classes with different builds from start to finish. And that was an NA based game where the grind was absolutely nothing compared to a real grinder that takes months if not a year+ to cap.

Edited by Coors

I'm talking about RPGs in general. Respecing is in many types of RPG games. Don't assume we are talking about only Diablo 3 in a Diablo 3 thread, it makes you look naive :blink: .

Sorry if when you said "Diablo" in your post here, I made the connection to Diablo 3 since that's what this thread is about :rolleyes:

You argued that respeccing had its place in Diablo and now again in Diablo 2, so I'm not the one that's coming off naive here. You've repeatedly said that respeccing should be in a Diablo game, which I don't agree with, because as I said, it's not like an MMO where you actually need different builds to succeed, unless they've now added raid content into D3 without my knowledge :fp:

You don't need raid content to have a need for respec. What is one of the most wanted mods you see for games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Torchlight, and even Diablo? A respec mod!

Case closed: Diablo 2 received a Respec patch and Respec will be in Diablo 3 (in some form or another).

Edited by Krazyxazn