Help get my i7 920 D0 over 3.6GHz...

t0asty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo!! Thanks to everyone's help and some new ram, I just successfully passed Prime95 twice at 4.02Ghz with the following settings:

BCLK = 191x21 = 4.015Ghz

QPI Freq = auto (only one I don't know what to set at)

Uncore Freq = 3056MHz

Dram Freq = 764MHz (DDR3 1528) (couldn't even do 600MHz on the old ram at stock speeds)

CPU Voltage = 1.300

DRAM Voltage = 1.609

IOH Voltage = 1.2V

VTT(QPI) Voltage = 1.34

ICH = stock 1.16

IOH CSI = stock 1.16

IOH/ICE PCIE = stock 1.56

CPU PLL Voltage = 1.88

Set the Ram timings at 9-9-9-24-74 1T

I was able to get 3.8 stable using stock everything, just needed a little push to get passed this 4.0Ghz milestone I have been wanting for so long! I am about to try to get a little more out of it now that I know I am heading in the right direction :D

I hope this helps anyone out there struggling with their overclocks. Might have taken a while but it's definitely possible if you work hard enough at it and have a community to help. WIll post my final stable OC soon, hopefully it's all good news from here on out!! :cheers:

At idle, I am hovering around the 36°C mark, and the max I hit in prime95 was 78°C. In game last night I hit the upper 50's. That's a HUGE difference than what I was seeing with my cheap air cooler.

Mushkin and G.Skill represent! only 2 Ram brands i trust these days, everything else has taken my money and ran with it at some point. i'm glad you ended up switching the memory out. i know its a tough call to sink more money into something that isn't guaranteed but the results looks great.

Edited by hornybluecow

At idle, I am hovering around the 36°C mark, and the max I hit in prime95 was 78°C. In game last night I hit the upper 50's. That's a HUGE difference than what I was seeing with my cheap air cooler.

interdasting_RE_50_Weirdest_Things_You_Never_Knew_About_Sex-s685x567-142116.jpg

The 620 performs about the same as my cooler