Ebay & PayPal Strike Again

Rokkaholik

Paypal is also changing their rules and fees yet again....

My normal Cards that were Instant Transfers are now listed as E-Checks and say they take 3-5 days to clear...same account also linked as Instant so I paid and I had to pay the fees....WHAT????

I got hit for $3.20 worth of fees to pay someone 100.00...coarse I sent is as Gift so they didnt get hit and well now you do...either way someone pays fees...no more freebies...

Panda...I still have both my 4850X2 2gb cards and you can still buy them ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paypal is also changing their rules and fees yet again....

My normal Cards that were Instant Transfers are now listed as E-Checks and say they take 3-5 days to clear...same account also linked as Instant so I paid and I had to pay the fees....WHAT????

I got hit for $3.20 worth of fees to pay someone 100.00...coarse I sent is as Gift so they didnt get hit and well now you do...either way someone pays fees...no more freebies...

Panda...I still have both my 4850X2 2gb cards and you can still buy them ;)

I might have to take you up on the offer... I'm waiting on seeing what ebay says -- hopefully I can get at least a little money back. Could have sworn you sold both of them -- should have asked you first. Perhaps you wouldn't mind holding on to one of them -- funding pending :)

This time my brother got the blunt force of their stupidity. He sold a Droid Incredible phone on ebay. A 0-feedbacker snuck in a bid at the last minute and won it for $200. On the plus side, he paid immediately with PayPal. Matt went to his PayPal and looked at the address and it showed CONFIRMED, so he boxed it up and sent it off the next morning. Later that day he gets an e-mail from the buyer wanting his phone and since he paid immediately, he expected it to be shipped immediately as well. Matt resent him the tracking number and then the guy messages him back that he sent it to the wrong address.

Keep in Mind that all these e-mails were sent through ebays messaging system, so they have record of them.

Matt looked at the address again in PayPal and told the buyer that it was the confirmed address and the guy then said that he had moved and told Matt that 5 days ago. How could he have done that before the auction even ended? Anyway, on day 3, the idiot files a claim against Matt, so Matt called PayPal and informed them what was going on. He made a timeline of the auction end, e-mail dates and times and what was said and the lady was clueless, but forwarded him to the aby people. They looked up everything and told him that he was covered since he sent it to the confirmed address. Back to PayPal, and they told him the same thing.

Matt checked the tracking and the phone was listed as undeliverable, so it was supposed to come back to him. The buyer then sends him another nasty e-mail about the forwarding address that he was supposed to have, etc... The buyer then messages him back again saying that he got things straightened out with the post office and the phone was rerouted to a forwarding address, but wasn't deliverable so it was coming back to Matt. The buyer dropped the case against him on ebay

Keep in mind that all these messages are still going through ebays messaging system, so they're right on file.

Matt got the phone back and that same day, the buyer told him that he'd get a positive feedback for all the troubles and wanted the phone sent to his new address. Matt sent it with insurance and SIGNATURE confirmation AGAIN and let the buyer know and gave him the NEW tracking number. The buyer filed ANOTHER claim against him the next day saying the phone wasn't as described. Matt looked up the tracking and it hadn't even been delivered yet.

He called PayPal back and gave them the NEW rundown of events and got yet another clueless moron who kept referring back to the closed case (the first one). He spent over an hour explaining to both PayPal and ebay what the buyer was doing and he had the PROOF that the buyer couldn't file an Item Not As Described claim since the phone was still in transit.

Today, he found that PayPal had decided in favor of the BUYER and gave him his money back (without even checking on where the phone was in tracking). He called them again and let them have it about their stupid claims. A few hours later, the phone was signed for in tracking. So the scammer buyer got the phone and his money back.

Furious would be an understatement right about now.

They had all the e-mail messages right in front of them as well as the tracking PROOF and they still sided with the buyer?

He's calling his Lawyer friend (a guy he trains at the gym) and they're going to call PayPal's legal dept to get some answers and tomorrow he's going to call the police department of the town the guy lives in and file a fraud claim.

1. This is why I don't like to sell to new ebayers.

2. This is why I empty my PayPal account BEFORE I ship an item.

Aight so One of the things scamers often do is used hacked accounts. This buyer could of used a hacked account. If you shipped to the verified address on the paypal account there is nothing mmore you have to do. I work for a Top Seller ebay Consignment shop, and there is not much you can do when a buyer complains, but if you follow the guidelines you shouldn't have an issue.

I might have to take you up on the offer... I'm waiting on seeing what ebay says -- hopefully I can get at least a little money back. Could have sworn you sold both of them -- should have asked you first. Perhaps you wouldn't mind holding on to one of them -- funding pending :)

nope they are in the I7-860 case still and I still have very little hours on the set up...but sure offer away all I can do is say no...I'd like to rid both but hey beggars cant be choosers right?

Now they've locked both his ebay account and PayPal account up. Ebay says he owes seller fees, which he can't pay since his PayPal account is frozen as well. Idiots...

My brother got wise though, and the girl he got the phone from still has the ESN number. They're going to try and have it nuked so Mr. Scammer can't use it

Edited by Rokkaholik

I just logged into his account and looked every sent/recieved message over and made a timeline. Matt sent him the tracking both times the phone was sent. I verified it via the USPS site. The first one shows that the phone was returned to him because the buyers address was undeliverable and his forwarding address was expired.

When the buyer filed the 2nd claim on Feb 22 at 4:51am (even after Matt gave him the NEW tracking number), the buyer put the old tracking number in that claim to show Matt had the phone back. Before he could respond to the claim through ebay to tell them that the buyer gave them the wrong delivery confirmation number, they had already refunded the jerk the money on Feb 23rd. Now the 2nd delivery confirmation number shows that the phone was delivered and SIGNED FOR on FEB 22 at 5:30pm. The guy got the phone and then was refunded the next DAY! He very well could have closed the case!

Yeah I actually *gave* away a Ti-83 Plus calculator on ebay....it wasn't a brand new user, they had 12 transactions. But being the good seller I am, I ship ASAP. Next day or even same day, well they never paid me (I guess they saw the "shipped" notification and said "Lulz, let me get a free calculator")

Well I was about to file a dispute against the user but don't ya know the girl/gal is no longer a member of ebay. Really sucks that this will forever ruin my super fast shipping policy for ebay (though most normal people pay right away, since they watch the auction end like hawks so maybe not).

I want to propose to ebay to NOT allow users to delete their account until a full month's time has elapsed from their most recent transaction, because then I could have some leverage.

It really has become a one sided buyer's haven, it has it's perks but as both a buyer and seller, I tread softer and softer.

I just logged into his account and looked every sent/recieved message over and made a timeline. Matt sent him the tracking both times the phone was sent. I verified it via the USPS site. The first one shows that the phone was returned to him because the buyers address was undeliverable and his forwarding address was expired.

When the buyer filed the 2nd claim on Feb 22 at 4:51am (even after Matt gave him the NEW tracking number), the buyer put the old tracking number in that claim to show Matt had the phone back. Before he could respond to the claim through ebay to tell them that the buyer gave them the wrong delivery confirmation number, they had already refunded the jerk the money on Feb 23rd. Now the 2nd delivery confirmation number shows that the phone was delivered and SIGNED FOR on FEB 22 at 5:30pm. The guy got the phone and then was refunded the next DAY! He very well could have closed the case!

That's so ridiculous. I'd be furious if that was me in that position. But I've never sold anything on ebay, only bought a few things, and the more I see these threads popping up, the more likely I am to avoid that place.

So did he get back the phone?

So did he get back the phone?

No... It was returned the first time due to the first address being undeliverable and the forwarding address being expired. The buyer cancelled his claim saying he realized he goofed up. Matt sent it to the new address and used Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation again and as soon as he sent it, the buyer filed another claim and put the OLD tracking number in it to show ebay that the phone was returned to Matt. Matt even told ebay on the phone that the buyer gave them the wrong tracking number and they looked up the old one and saw it was returned and they went with THAT one rather than look up the new one that he had already given the buyer.

The buyer filed the second claim on Feb 22 because he had the new tracking number and knew the phone was scheduled to be delivered that day to his new address. He got the phone that day and got a refund on Feb 23.

He's also going to message the buyer and let him know that he has the PROOF of delivery as well as the times of all the e-mails and claims. He either wants the phone back or his money or he's calling the local police department where the buyer lives as well as notifying the post office of postal fraud. He can get the buyers signature confirmation and he already has the buyers address.

Matt already called ebay again and they've granted him an appeal now. We'll see where that goes...

Do keep us posted....I really want to know how this turns out...

Chances are the buyer will empty his paypal and the bank account tied to it so he wont get the money back but I would pursue the local police and make a report on your own...I would not wait. I have had to do this and file claims and take the court route...I got my money plus interest...